Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update nightmares

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 11:55 PM)
zombers
Apprentice
Options
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the latest android update for the Samsung S21 series?
Texting is becoming near impossible with the predictive text underlining multiple words at a time, so if you want to correct a typo it deletes the whole sentence rather than the individual word you have tried to highlight. Not only that but the predictive text just turns itself off randomly so I'm forced to type super slow and careful. There is no rhyme or reason as to why it decides to highlight everything or nothing. As well as this the predictive words that usually appear at the top of the keyboard is just a line of code now. 
I've also noticed that a lot of apps are now crashing and I get push notifications actions constantly (and apps that should work like Wear2 for my watch, and Facebook). 
Also when trying to take a photo I will line the shot up how I want it, but every saved photo is off centre to the left, even though on the preview its as I want it.
This happened 3 updates ago and in the last 2 weeks I've had 2 further updates hoping it fixes these issues but they haven't. It's driving me nuts and making the phone unusable. 
12 REPLIES 12
Lilo88
Explorer
Options
Same! And my signal keeps dropping out with this 🚫 symbol, as well as getting hot and restarting. Thought everything was solved but I'm also having issues when it comes to tagging people in Facebook.
0 Likes
Membersn
Journeyman
Options

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! I also posted a similar rant about this problem earlier, but just wanted to update everyone else having this issue that I seem to have finally resolved it!!

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Through my searching, I also found out there's an "undo" feature built in to the Samsung keyvoard, so you can recover text you accidentally deleted.  However, my issue was the entire keyboard would just crash, or cause the app I was using to crash (like my texting or messenger app), so this doesn't help there.  It's also kind of difficult to enable and actually use, but here's the info in case it does help someone: "Undo" gesture on Samsung keyboard (recover accidentally deleted text) 

Hope this helps everybody experiencing this same issue, as I know I was so frustrated, I was about ready to throw the whole dang phone away!!

Membersn
Journeyman
Options

So this isn't marked as resolved yet so I'm responding with the solution (so many ppl are having these issues and not a peep from Samsung about it 😡)

But yes--I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! 

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Through my searching, I also found out there's an "undo" feature built in to the Samsung keyvoard, so you can recover text you accidentally deleted.  However, my issue was the entire keyboard would just crash, or cause the app I was using to crash (like my texting or messenger app), so this doesn't help there.  It's also kind of difficult to enable and actually use, but here's the info in case it does help someone: "Undo" gesture on Samsung keyboard (recover accidentally deleted text) 

Hope this helps everybody experiencing this same issue, as I know I was so frustrated, I was about ready to throw the whole dang phone away!!