Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update nightmares

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 02:52 AM)
zombers
Apprentice
Options
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the latest android update for the Samsung S21 series?
Texting is becoming near impossible with the predictive text underlining multiple words at a time, so if you want to correct a typo it deletes the whole sentence rather than the individual word you have tried to highlight. Not only that but the predictive text just turns itself off randomly so I'm forced to type super slow and careful. There is no rhyme or reason as to why it decides to highlight everything or nothing. As well as this the predictive words that usually appear at the top of the keyboard is just a line of code now. 
I've also noticed that a lot of apps are now crashing and I get push notifications actions constantly (and apps that should work like Wear2 for my watch, and Facebook). 
Also when trying to take a photo I will line the shot up how I want it, but every saved photo is off centre to the left, even though on the preview its as I want it.
This happened 3 updates ago and in the last 2 weeks I've had 2 further updates hoping it fixes these issues but they haven't. It's driving me nuts and making the phone unusable. 
12 REPLIES 12
emmaste20
First Poster
Options
Hi, I'm having exactly the same issues and unable to click on links /visit websites without app (Facebook, maps, Google etc) crashing and am at a loss of how to resolve. Hoping we both get a solution soon 🙏
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, i know this is time consuming but a factory reset will fix all the issues your both having, sometimes these things (glitches) occur when a large update is applied, make sure to backup any important files.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm experiencing occasional glitches and lag. Hopefully resolved in the next update. Also done 2 factory resets since Android 12. Didn't help
0 Likes
zombers
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I'm reluctant to do a factory reset in case it doesn't fix it. I've done 2 soft resets, but if a new update doesn't come soon I may have to factory reset it and see. I really hope its sorted for everyone soon.
I feel this phone has had so many issues since launch, I'll be glad to get a new one!
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
I factory reset and didn't worked great for the first day and then next day glitches regarding app installs on google play broke again
0 Likes
Lilo88
Explorer
Options
Did u do a factory reset in the end? I'm contemplating it today 🤔
0 Likes
ChandraNicoleee
Student
Options

Same here! The update is AWFUL! Also on social media apps the new update will not let me tag anyone in anything. 

Whenever I do the @ symbol or basically any form of tagging someone whenever I hit submit their name turns black and isn't a tag. So frustrating. 

zombers
Apprentice
Options
I still haven't done a factory reset, I feel like it won't make a difference and not worth losing my stuff in my phone. But my goodness is this aggravating! It's just not improving at all
zombers
Apprentice
Options
It's been over a month since I posted this and I still have all the same issues plus more. I find myself having to reset my phone multiple times a day to get apps to work and sync with my phone. My theme on my phone keeps removing itself, my camera may as well be a drunken toaster. Everything just isn't working and I'm just at my wits end. I literally just bought an actual camera to use instead of my phone and now I just use this phone to call people (because texting is still a nightmare too with the updated auto correct and random exposed codes that appear). I don't bother using this expensive phone and it's really frustrating.
0 Likes