Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 2 weeks phone just randomly restarts.

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 08:19 AM)
neil79
Apprentice
Options
Anyone got any ideas to fix it. I saw something similar reported last year but this is different timing. I have checked for malware , battery tests are good also
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@neil79: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. To ensure that the restarts aren't automated, please head to Settings > Battery and device care > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Automation > Auto restart at set times, and toggle this option off (if applicable). 

If the problem persists, try restarting the phone in Safe Mode to disable all third party apps, as this will help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue, and if you notice an improvement then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps you have added in the last 2 weeks. 

neil79
Apprentice
Options
I think it was possibly Amazon photos even though had it installed since the beginning suddenly running hot.
0 Likes
neil79
Apprentice
Options
But I spoke to a friend last night who had same issue and it seemed strange after a recent update both experience same issue
Mdt765
Navigator
Options
I had this issue and removed the last app I installed and phone has been no issues since so I put it down to the app.
Preston2602
Explorer
Options
Also I showed a friend the other day which may help? But people tend to install updates from the play store but forget to update from the galaxy store too. Its worth checking there as well as this generally updates all your samsung apps. Worth a shot if you don't realise they are there. Too keep your phone up to scratch thus leading to reduced issues. Hope this helps to some degree. But Andrew is correct in what he is saying. Please follow those steps.
0 Likes
Haymaker
First Poster
Options
Have the same issue, last couple of weeks phone just randomly restarts, and its been doing it more and more often. Literally did it over a dozen times today, persists after a factory reset with just the basic apps. Some dodgy coding somewhere.
0 Likes