Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy Camera Newly Released Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 12:58 AM)
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I purchased the Galaxy S21 Ultra and the main reason I wanted the device (aside from an upgrade from the Note10+) was for the quad camera. Upon turning on the camera, I noticed a choppy, slow, laggy transition just barely moving the phone left to right. Has anyone else had the chance to experience this yet? It's like you have beer goggles on, it's that noticeable. There was an update by the third day of owning the device and the problem is still present. Did Samsung rush this device's hardware?

Since using apps that require video, i.e. the camera, Google Duo, Zoom, the front facing camera shows line streaks on the screen. This is a problem, because the end-user also sees the same ***** quality displayed on their side with lines flashing in a vertical fashion.

12 REPLIES 12
MrMNEK
Explorer
Options
it was the same for me out of the box but the latest update fixed that problem for me, all though the front camera lags when night mode is on.
Gionike
Voyager
Options
this is 3rd s21 ultra and still having camera and overheating issues. as far as the camera is concerned, it is very laggy and quality is not great. portrait is not as clear as advertised on bloggers
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

I noticed overheating on its first use but nothing since. The camera quality is great--aside from the default "auto-mode-change" I figured out how to disable--but it is slow, laggy and doesn't feel worth the $1,200.

I'm more so less enthusiastic about getting a replacement if you're on your 3rd phone with a concurrent hardware issue. I might just not ship in my Note10+ or go with the outdated Note20 Ultra.

In addition, when using Google Duo for video chat, my front-facing camera shows line streaks that can be seen by the end-user. That's pretty bad. Whatever it is, it's a rushed device that is hyped up for nothing. That camera should be the most impressive feature as well as an updated Gallery or something. Weak.

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
what's the auto-mode change?
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Remixed711
Explorer
Options

I think I am referring to the "focus enhancer" option.

0 Likes
Options

Have the issue but with S21 (small one) 

Very laggy camera for couple seconds after opening  

0 Likes
lukem27
First Poster
Options
got the same problem here too, changed to the s21 from my iPhone 11 after having years of love/hate relationship with my iPhone and I'm regretting it now as the camera isn't as expected from Samsung's marketing. photos are generally okay, but constantly choppy and laggy and takes for ever to run its software magic on my shot when I go to look in the gallery.
Options

Have S21(Snapdragon) as well as my wife

The camera is super laggy upon opening. Seems like the scene optimizer tries to do his job but do it super laggy

Super annoying, came from S20 where the camera behaved much better