Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging after software update in January 2022

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 06:54 PM)
kristinaS21
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have been experiencing a lot of lagging while using my S21 since the new software update on 17th Jan 2022. I have restarted the device 2-3 times so far, it does not help. I am really trying to avoid factory reset. 
3 REPLIES 3
TMIAH
First Poster
Options
Mine also keeps rebooting itself constantly. Almost once every hour. Before everytime I'd want to change from mute, it would reboot. Been happening since last night
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kristinaS21: Please can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Following the restart, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, then select Memory > Clean Now. For any specific apps you're encountering the issue with, head to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache. 

@TMIAH: If you are experiencing frequent restarts, then I recommend enabling Safe Mode, and monitoring the performance for a few hours, or longer, depending on the frequency of the issue. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

If you notice an improvement, restart your S21 as you would normally, and delete any recently installed third party apps. I won't be possible to tell which app the problem is stemming from, therefore I recommend doing this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
Members_Md3gKWr
First Poster
Options

I have a s20 plus and since this last update i can not answer my phone as the screen becomes unresponsive when ringing. When i connect to Bluetooth people can't hear me at all and the stupid google assistant keeps coming on by it self. Really annoying. I hope they fix it asap. Samsung please test your updates before releasing them 

0 Likes