Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna Cash advance charge when paying deposit by credit card

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:35 AM)
Peterjw
Journeyman
Options

I have upgraded as I do every year with the Samsung upgrade program and paid the deposit on credit card however this year I noticed on my statement I have been charged a cash advance when querying with the bank they advise this is Klarna.

I don't remember seeing anything advising of this when I signed up, beware of this when upgrading.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
My wife was also charged as a cash advance too
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
How much was the cash advance if you don't mind me asking?
0 Likes
Peterjw
Journeyman
Options
£4 something plus interest. so not much but shouldn't have happened. had Klarna had a popup box to advise then I would have used a bank card instead
0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Ah fair enough mate. After much ballache over the last week I finally managed to upgrade this morning. I was panicking for a minute when I seen your post in case they took hundreds out lol.
0 Likes
Peterjw
Journeyman
Options
that would make me twitch a little as well.
MrWelshblue
Apprentice
Options

Which credit card? if there is a cash charge then its at the bank end not Klarna, Tesco Credit cards used to charge a foreign exchange fee when used with Klarna as its a Swedish bank and now Klarna have blocked Tesco cards on their Pay in 3 product because its an unfair charge

0 Likes
Peterjw
Journeyman
Options
it was Tesco we use. they advise it is down to Klarna as they put it though as a cash transaction
0 Likes
MrWelshblue
Apprentice
Options

https://www.klarna.com/uk/blog/tesco-credit-card-block/

This is for the Pay in 3 product, the deposit payment hasn't been blocked on the upgrade but it should be for the same reason

Alexey1983
First Poster
Options

A very high quality site selling best kitchen knives for your home

0 Likes