Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought s21, no updates

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 12:49 AM)
Spankz
Apprentice
Options
I just bought an s21 from laptops direct, when it arrived I realised box had been opened, read the small print and it said that it's a European phone that's been unlocked for UK? I've had it for a couple of days now and have had no updates, no android 12. Does the fact that it's (I found out from samsung) Spanish mean I won't get updates in UK? Although samsung were able to tell me it was a new phone originally intended for Spain, the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know much about the updates.
6 REPLIES 6
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
You will get them when its released in spain as its an original Spanish phone. And if you want anything fixed by samsung you will have to send it back to samsung spain i think
G G
0 Likes
DFW1
Pioneer
Options
I had this with that company some time ago on a A40.
I complained as there advert stated a UK model number and I got a Spanish phone, can't remember how much but I got some money back, or could have had a refund, as it was a for a work phone only I kept it.
Check the model number on the advert.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use Smart Switch for PC (connect the phone via USB, not Bluetooth) to check for any missed updates. My Moto G4 came from their Appliances Direct brand. That was fortunately a UK phone and lasted me from 2016 until last week. The parent Company seem to buy liquidation stock and sell that through their group of websites. So sometimes you get a cracking deal but have to watch them like a hawk
Spankz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the tips, and yes it was a good deal, guess the old saying goes, if it's too good to be true...
I checked the software info on phone (attached), was reading that the updates have something to do with CSC numbers? I'm new to this so don't really understand what I'm looking at here.
I'll try your suggestions though, if nothing works will go back to laptops direct.
Screenshot_20220129-073409_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options

Try to flash G991B BTU firmware using Odin on PC. Firmware and tutorial: www.sammobile.com .

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Laptops direct seem to make a habit of selling off imported phone's that will not update.

See.. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/uk-s21-ultra-unlocked-i-bought-just-before-new...

Send it back!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1