(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 09:49 PM)
danmidd
Voyager
Options

23 REPLIES 23
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've not seen any detailed reports either. Just the usual Samsung post...

Samsung update AUG4

AUG4 samsung.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Early days yet. As it starts to roll out in korea we'll probably get the detailed change log.
0 Likes
SuzieQu
Student
Options
Ur lucky, I'm using a Samsung S20 and I still haven't got my July update yet
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Samsung still haven't fixed the camera wakelock issue. 1 screenshot is from the device been in my pocket at work. Hardly been used. And the other is from been at home all day. Massive difference in battery life when the device is stationary. If you want to read more on the issue just Google "S21 ultra pocket battery drain" 100s of articles.Screenshot_20210714-202242_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210713-140350_Device care_1944.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In your first image the phone was awake for almost 10 hours with 2.40 SOT and you still have 65% battery left.
I am confused as why you would be troubles by camera wakelock?
The way I see it that's an awesome battery life.

Unless I'm missing something......

I'm sure samsung health or even other health apps would drain in your pocket counting steps etc so can't be just the camera.

I find google assistant answer in my pocket when at work apparently listening all the time . Which is a bit concerning...
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
The one with 10hours and 2.40 screen time is while the phone is stationary. The other is when in my pocket with display off. Step counter uses the tiniest amount of battery. Just Google S21 ultra pocket battery drain and see for yourself. I don't need people trying to tell me other causes when I know full well what the issue is.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can only speak my experience .
I charge overnight so have 100% battery in morning around 6.30 in the morning I take it off charger and have 70% battery remaining when I reach home around 6 pm so with a bit light usage and phone in pocket I loose around 30% ( similar to your 1st image)

For me personally that's brilliant battery so not fussed with the camera stuff .
Just my humble opinion 😌
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
But if this wakelock was fixed then the battery would be amazing even when in pocket. The code is half finished so Samsung just need to fix it. The code to prevent the wakelock is present but is incomplete.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Someone on twitter has examined the whole thing.Screenshot_20210714-210601_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Is it carrier branded? The S20 line got the July update a week ago, mine updated on the 8 July.
0 Likes