Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Duo 21 ultra

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 02:13 PM)
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
Hi, is anyone else having issues with Google duo? When using the app it makes my device become extremely hot and the battery drains at almost 1% per minute! Samsung have told me to lower the video quality which I find very surprising considering this is a flagship phone costing £1100+. I shouldn't have to make sacrifices on a phone at this price point! 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
To be honest with you, every phone I have had with any video calls, duo, face time, all devices warm up. That is not unusual. I've always noticed how hot they get with face calls.
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I agree. However this is too the extreme where its almost burning my skin and having the charger connected the battery still drains!
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah doesn't sound right. Plus why should you lower the video quality, It is a phone that should handle better quality. Get back on to samsung if I was you.
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
Its a shame really cause I've been impressed with everything else, especially the battery! I'm a heavy user and I end the day with still +30%. It makes me think that it's some kind of bug.
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Matty1306, that sounds quite serious. When you say it is almost burning your skin, do you mean that you can smell burning or see any signs of this on the phone or on your skin?

0 Likes
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
Well it's hot enough that I can't place my skin on it longer than 5 seconds before it hurts. It's mainly the frame and camera module that gets to the extreme temperatures
0 Likes
bnb90
Navigator
Options
I've had the same issue with Google duo on the AUAC update. Drained almost 60% in 50 minutes and got extremely hot. Haven't used it with the AUB9 update so can't compare yet.
0 Likes
Matty1306
Journeyman
Options
This makes me thinks its definitely a software bug issue

0 Likes