Did you mean: 

Is this Good Battery Life and SOT?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2021 10:43 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi

Lovely People,

Was Home today all day so tried to push the S21 Ultra a bit.

120hz as usual with wqhd and screen brightness around 50% on WiFi.

I Reset my 'Settings' only and then did a few couple of changes. 

1) Cleared chrome cache
2) Checked location permissions and set only a few to always and most 'only when app is opened' and denied the rest.
3) Tried denying Facebook and messenger most things like background and location etc.

11H 12 M - Battery
07 H 55 M - SOT
15% battery still left.

Haven't received the June update yet so will see.
10 REPLIES 10
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Like me GoanGeek you have one tip top S21 with a purring battery.. Just looked at my S21 Ultra and it is on 7h27 screen time after some quite heavy photo editing today and other stuff. My phone is always on 120hz with wqhd and about 40% brightness but I only use dark mode. My phone is always on 100% before use every day. You have my word that it has not been charged midday or whatever!.. lol!!.. I think people think I am fibbing when I tell them I have got 10 hours screen time on a few occasions when using my phone for a long day?... Is our screen time the norm or exception GoanGeek??.. 👍 👍

Screenshot_20210612-233706_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210612-233654_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210612-230609_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah this is what I get now on my s21 ultra.
The funny thing is my battery was much better before the may update 🤔.
I get about 8 hours sot now,but before may update I was getting 10-11 hours
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That is a fair drop tinglish. Hopefully a future update will restore things for you. I find the Exynos 2100 the best chip I have ever encountered in any phone overall in terms of speed and battery life and even thermally despite it running too warm when running in. Now it rarely gets even warm even when I am hammering the camera. I really feel for people who have battery problems with their ultras though. 👍 👍
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah don't get me wrong it's still great battery life,just I was getting absolutely amazing battery before.
Still the best phone around 😍
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Mine was very similar but one thing to consider is (if you're in the UK at least) we're in summer time now and heat will degrade battery efficiency quite considerably unlike in the earlier months this year where it was generally cold.

I still can get 10h SoT but my streaming/media consumption has mostly shifted over to my tablets now, so I generally get around 4-5h SoT in about 1.5-2 days of use.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I do have to agree, Samsung seems to have managed to sort out the phone heating.

As you can see my screen shot , I played quiet a bit COD and it didn't get hot at all.

Also maybe depend on the apps themselves I guess as the Devs are able to update their apps for the S21 now that it's been out in the wild for 6 months now.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I do have my watch and buds pro and another headset paired with the Bluetooth which is always on.
Plus use both samsung health and huawei health with my huawei watch, so that might take a bit of the battery.

It still think its all down to personal usage .
High end games and heavy duty apps will be taxing on the battery unless samsung optimizes more ram usage especially with the Ultra.

As I noticed I never use more than 7 gb ram although I went for the 16gb one.

So that's something samsung should make use of atleast with the Ultra.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
It was definitely the may update that effected my battery drain,but I'm still getting great battery life just not as great as before.
Also when we got the update it certainly wasn't summer weather 😂
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Anyone experiencing high Google play services drain?Screenshot_20210612-195221_Device care.jpg
0 Likes