Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my S21 Ultra 5G authetic?

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 12:18 PM)
MubeeziM
First Poster
Options

I have used S10+ and Note 10+ in the past. Every time i started any of them phone, it always displayed "Samsung Galaxy Note 10+" as a start screen, even with one UI 3.1. Even S20 Ultra would display something similar. This time round with my S21 Ultra 5G, the type of phone is NOT mentioned, rather just "Samsung Galaxy". Do i really have a genuine Samsung product? Or was the display screen changed?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes!

Google demanded that manufacturers add, "Powered by Android", to their boot screens.

See around 2' 24" in on this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_caLuD-eY

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
You have the real deal MubeeziM so please don't worry. I worried about the same thing when I first powered my S21 Ultra on. And like you I was really worried!.. lol!.. Why this is as it is I am not sure. Somebody told me that it was to make sure that the phone is not a target for eagle eyed thieves etc when powering on in public with it being Samsung's top of the range phone (or thereabouts). This seems wrong to me as they surely would have done this on other phones in the range too to avoid a lot of understandably upset people complaining that there protection against theft was deemed of lesser importance than that of S21 Ultra buyers. So that seems life waffle and ironass seems to have a much more plausible reason above. Anyway, please go ahead and enjoy your GENUINE S21 Ultra now mate. 👍 👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hee. I Never seen that.

But I guess the S21 series has been one of kind with lot of things taken off.

Also Samsung calling its new laptop range galaxy as well maybe something to do with that.