Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Google play services killing your battery?

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 09:59 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So I tried to push my phone to see If I could get 2 day service and almost managed it .

What I have noticed is that since the May update Google play services has been on the higher side.

I am currently on July update and it still hasn't been resolved.

Anyone else thinks Google play services is the culprit?

10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine is similar Screenshot_20220719-221710_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Yes, once i saw google play services use around 12% battery tried clearing the cache and disabling it and re enabling it multiple times
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did it help,?
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Not so much, it went back after a couple of hours
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
.Screenshot_20220720-090625_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Permissions manager is key if you limit apps with regards to location and background data. But then you are dumbing down the phone.
And some apps like maps and smarthings find etc rely on it .
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yep, I mean the battery on my s21 hasnt been terrible like the phone is making it to the end of the day. But it hasnt been as good as it used to be. Surely tho if it is Google Play Services, then thats on Google to fix it. Samsung cant do anything to improve things until Google looks into what is making Google Play Services so power hungry, so if there was a report sent to Google then maybe we wld see a fix
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You've got some power hungry apps there. You can guarantee Facebook will always be at the top!
If ever I see Google Play services creep up the battery charts. Then I just perform a restart of my phone and it sorts it out.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is with WiFi at home with streaming movies. Screenshot_20220720-180142_Device care_6684_1658336581.jpg
0 Likes