Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet slow Samsung S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 05:51 PM)
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
Recently updated to one UI 4, and have noticed the Internet is very slow on both mobile data and WiFi. My other devices get 70Mbps download speed on WiFi, my phone now gets 0.6Mbps. When connected to 5G my phone gets around 2Mbps download speed. Has anyone else had this issue it's a bit irritating! I've restarted the phone, and it's not an issue with my WiFi or 5G signal.
15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
I have done yes, Internet still very slow 🐌
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try resetting network settings
Go to your phone's settings, navigate to the Reset menu, and select Reset network settings. Hit Enter and all network settings will be reset. Now try logging back in to your home Wi-Fi network and seei if that fixes the issue
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
That didn't work either. The Internet is slow over mobile data as well as WiFi
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Have you tried A restart
Of phone
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
I have, yes
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
First pic is for mobile data, second is on WiFi. This is a 5G area with a strong signal, and my other devices are getting 70 Mbps when on WiFiScreenshot_20211124-202257_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211124-202644_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
SaffieSP
Apprentice
Options
One possibility is your phone may have background apps trying to work or synchronise. This has the possibility of crippling your internet speed.

I can't say I've ever had this happen on mobile, but it has happened to me on PC, where a simple uninstall for a certain program resolved everything.

If there are any apps running in the background, I'd terminate them and then connect to Wi-Fi. If the speed's good again, I'd try re-using everything else one app at a time until the culprit's identified.

Wish I could be of more help.
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
Cheers for your suggestion. I don't have many apps and I ran the optimiser as suggested by the person's response, that closed all apps using memory, although Samsung is (annoyingly for a ludicrously expensive phone) filled with bloatware, so background apps that can't be disabled easily could be causing it
0 Likes