Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Sim card

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 11:33 AM)
3leena
First Poster
Options

The support call was not so great so I am asking this here if anyone knows the answer..

I planning to travel to Asia next month and wondered if my phone will accept their sim card. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra purchased last year (in the UK ) directly from Samsung. In the past, I have had situations where the phone did not accept a foreign country's sim as it was locked to a network here.

My plan is to purchase a sim card in the country I am travelling to and use their network. Will this phone accept a sim card which is not from the UK?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Katsudonvince
Pathfinder
Options
You can rest assured that phones bought directly from Samsung in the UK are not locked to any network. I've got the Note 8, Note 10 5G, S21 plus for my partner and I am now using Samsung S22U. All with no problem using sim card from Asia. The sim card comes in 3 sizes - standard, micro or nano sizes that suit your phone sim type. Bob's your uncle . Have a nice holiday.
0 Likes
3leena
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much for your quick response Bob, much appreciated. I can travel in peace now :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@3leena: For clarity, if you have inserted a UK network SIM in your Galaxy S21, then the device will be locked to that network. With this in mind, you may wish to reach out to your network prior to leaving the UK to request a network unlock code, as this may be required in order to connect to another network in Asia. Alternatively, if you're not currently using your SIM2 slot, then you will be able to add a second nano-SIM from an Asian network. 

0 Likes