Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance for s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 10:43 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guy/girls

What is the best insurance to use for your phone(UK).
Now I'm back in work after lockdown think I really need to insure my s21 ultra.
Just wondering what you guys think is the best option.

Cheers 👍
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I just took out Samsung Care+ on a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G we purchased from Amazon almost two months ago. Cost me £139 for two years cover! I would not recommend Protect my bubble. They are expensive and (£311.76 24 months) and don't have a very good claims record.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra  wrote:
I have a great policy I don't drop it and its free 😃 6 month old s20 5g no case no screen protector no marks 😃

I have never dropped a phone but that doesn't mean I won't be a casualty of a broken screen at some point. What if someone bumps into me while i'm using it? Maybe someone picks up my phone and they drop it? I faint while using it? Who knows! I usually never buy insurance policies but its impossible to buy cheap third party replacement screens for these phones and when the odd OEM one turns up for sale on eBay they cost upwards of £300 (plus I would have to fit it myself). For the sake of a one off payment of £139 for two years protection on a phone that cost £1200, it's a no brainer.

Current Devices:
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I see what your saying Paul i have just had so many problems in the past with insurance not paying out, years ago I did used to insure my phone and when I was younger I did have a few accidents and each and every time it ended one way, I had to buy a new phone so now I just save my monthly payment and if s * * t hits the fan then I get another. I do see what your saying though to be honest I was partly joking on my comment as I regularly speak to tinglish on here.

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
You're braver than me ash 🤣
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah thanks for that paul,I was going to go with protect my bubble as well but decided Samsung care+ was the best option for me.
I never normally bother with insurance but this is a £1200 phone so I'd be mad not to.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Most recent accident was the iPhone 6s plus which because I was polite they replaced the screen for free as it only had a hairline crack other than that I have been good
0 Likes
Nortygaz
Journeyman
Options
I had an s20 ultra last year and had insurance with my bank nationwide and had to make a claim with them for a screen replacement, anyway when it came back it looked in better condition than when I sent it off... There were minor scratches on the back of it and when it came back the scratches were gone, I'm naturally suspicious so I ran some tests on it and it was saying that my device was not original... And also when I went on to find my phone it showed 2 s20 ultras and only one of them said "this device" next to it? The insurance company said that they might replace the device that they repair with a similar one if they can't fix it but they didn't say that they were doing this which they have to if that's the case and also the IMEI and S/N were exactly the same?? Weird... Im assuming they didn't use genuine Samsung parts,
Now I have an S21 ultra and am thinking of using Samsung cares plus to as they use genuine parts etc
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

This is common practice with third party insurers. They sometimes use third party repair companies that have no service contract with the phone manufacturers and so they are unable to obtain genuine parts. Some use fake parts simply because it saves them money. Halifax bank were doing this when they offered phone insurance with there ultimate reward account back in the day.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Only downside with samsung they don't do theft or loss cover
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have never come across an insurer that covers loss as in "I simply lost my phone" as standard. Police won't even issue a crime reference number if you simply lose your phone because no crime has taken place. I think Protect my bubble will offer insurance for loss but for an additional cost?

Current Devices:
0 Likes