Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram, Voice Recorder, and Hey Google don't pick up audio in audio messages.

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 02:21 PM)
JorgeCamus
First Poster
Options

Dear community,

I come to you because my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone does not receive audio input in audio messages in applications such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Voice Recorder, or Hey Google. All three microphones on the phone work fine, and the main microphone works perfectly when making phone calls (this is supposed to be the microphone that fails when making these audio messages). I tried:

- Reset the phone to its original settings 2 times.
- Delete cache and delete data of all these applications.
- Delete the applications and reinstall them.
- Making sure the microphone permissions of these apps are in order
- Reboot the phone.
- Clean microphone.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode (without finding any failure and with the persistence of the problem).

I do not know what else to do. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I'm seriously thinking about changing the microphone, but the diagnostics show that the hardware is fine.

Stay tuned!

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@JorgeCamus: When you attempt to record an audio message in the affected apps, do you get any error messages, or is the file simply silent when played back? Have you tried heading to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp (as an example) > Permissions > Microphone > Allowed? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is certainly a conundrum @JorgeCamus 

There are a few recent threads in other boards on the forum similar to yours. Perform a forum search to perhaps have a read.

I'm on the latest software update and mybapps are up to date and I'm not experiencing these issues !

I wonder if it'll be beneficial to also contact the app developers to see if there aware of this issue ?

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Starjay
Student
Options

I am having same issue

0 Likes
Rick13h
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same exact issue...  EVERYTHING has been working just fine for the last year and a half that I have owned this phone.. then this started out of a sudden... 

0 Likes
Rick13h
Apprentice
Options

Were you able to fix it? Tnx

0 Likes
Balader
Journeyman
Options

having the same issue on my brand new galaxy a54 5g it started after UI6 update im tired of it

0 Likes
gr3g0r
Journeyman
Options

I have the exact same issue. I have changed the charging board that includes the microphone and it doesn't help.

0 Likes