Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexed app pages?

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 05:20 PM)
elverdiblanco
Journeyman
Options

I took delivery of a new S21+ yesterday and so far I'm quite liking it. One thing however is driving me a bit mad. When swiping up from the home screen to get to my apps, I have 7 pages and have to swipe left or right to get to the app I want. My old Huawei phone did it differently, it had one long, scrollable page of apps with an alphabetical index down the right hand side so if I wanted, for exampe, the Photo Resizer app, I could tap on P on the index and it would take me more or less there. Is there any way or an app to install that would make the S21+ behave in a similar fashion? I know I can type a P in the search bar on the top of the apps page and show more but by the time I tap in the search, open the keyboard and type a P then on show more and minimising the keyboard out of the way that's a lor more taps!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@elverdiblanco: Sadly the option to scroll vertically on the Apps menu isn't available natively on the Galaxy S21+. The only reason I can think of is that it would conflict with the swipe gestures used to return to the Home Screen and access the notification panel. As a workaround you may wish to group your apps alphabetically in folders to reduce the amount of pages you need to navigate through to reach the desired app.

0 Likes
elverdiblanco
Journeyman
Options

Shame the option isn't available natively, it just makes finding apps so much easier.

I wonder if there are any 3rd party apps that might help?

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
you can download Google go and you will get all the apps you need
0 Likes
dazhug
Journeyman
Options
You need to look for a launcher app to do this. A lot of launchers have an app search. Nova has always been my first choice
0 Likes