Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCONSISTENT BATTERY LIFE S21U

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 09:17 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
On a good day I can get 1 hour screen time with 90%+ remaining. On bad days which I'm having more of since the March update I get 20min screen time and already down 93%. SAMSUNG??? WHAT IS GOING ON?????? 

34 REPLIES 34
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
it's the software seriously. nothing to do with your phone
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
it's just annoying as hell. I kinda wish I'd kept my P30 PRO, it had consistent Battery life during the 2 years I had it.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
samsung battery life is just bad end of story. I have the same with mine, apple holds the crown for battery life, for me it seems to be standby that samsung struggles with, if I was to use the phone constantly of the charger it gets a very good screen time, if I am to leave it lay around for hours then use it the screen time is not as good, to be fair though it had AOD to power but i just find for massive battery's it could be a bit better
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

The March update seem to have an effect on battery life. I've bee having 6.5 hours of screen on time before the March update now I'm back to 4-5hours

I feel like I made a mistake in updating to the s21 ultra 😔

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Sara one ui 3.1 is out for the s10 series I know you were desperate for it and it's here
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I use tap to show the AOD, and I disabled digital wellness cos they say it has an effect as well.

Still, I shouldn't limit my phone cos it's supposed to be the best there is but it is bested by older phones even

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
it's not always though. that's my complaint.. I can occasionally get 8hours+ screen on time. just the latest update messed it up.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
glad I'm not the only one. others on XDA are saying it got better with this update but not for me.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I suppose I shouldn't moan as everything on both samsungs is enabled other than 120hz as I deem it pointless on a phone, where when I had my iPhone it didn't have an AOD and stuff like that so I suppose its a trade off, samsung is perfect in every single way other than battery life
0 Likes