Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In game discount voucher not working

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 11:30 PM)
Greig
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I've twice received a notification from Samsung offering a £3 in game discount voucher 

(see screenshot). I've tried pressing on these notifications but nothing happens so I thought if tried to buy something in game, it might offer me it but this didn't happen. I then went into the galaxy store but there is absolutely nothing in there regarding it. Has anyone else received these notifications making this offer? 

Thanks for any help 
5 REPLIES 5
LucaBlackout
Journeyman
Options
NO! but I would advise not to open the link, it could be third party software tricking you in to tracking, if the official store doesn't show this then it more the likely fake, also I have noticed, Google play will update all the apps then Samsung store comes along and does it again.
Greig
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your reply. If it was tricking me into tracking would something not happen when I press on the notification though? Absolutely nothing happens at all when I press on it but I've swiped them away now anyway. I've had issues with vouchers in the past as well albeit I was offered them when I was in the galaxy store only for them not to work & trying to contact Samsung about anything like this is a waste of time & effort. I've always had Galaxy S phones going all the way back to the S3 & loved every one of them till I got the one I'm on just now which is the S21+. Looks & feels like a premium mobile but the performance of it is more like a mid range mobile. Had it a year & I hate it & feels like a downgrade from my last phone the S9+. I'm wishing I hadn't sold that now as would revert back to using it instead especially when playing my game. Keep thinking every update will sort the S21+ but it never does. Sorry about my rant but sometimes I feel like smashing my phone off the wall 😂 (yeah I noticed the galaxy store updating apps that I downloaded on the Google play store too) 😖
0 Likes
LucaBlackout
Journeyman
Options
Same for me I've had galaxy and note versions since the s2 model but only noticed these security breeches since I had my s20 ultra and knox became a default op with Samsung, knox is Samsung security system and don't get me wrong it's hard to breech but trust me 100% as a pc enthusiast and basic coder, it is very simple for someone to be able to remote connect or access your device through a simple link or false notification caused by a forced update or so! These type of links can release unnoticeable malware or spyware to any device by simply clicking on it! And the fact when clicked nothing happens and it keeps popping up could potentially be a attack! Speaking from traumatic experiences ive had and computer science knowledge. Nobody is safe anymore, everything is logged and monetized regardless if you think its encrypted (FACT)
Greig
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the warning, I'm not clued up on stuff like that at all so with all you've said & the knowledge you have I'll defo be more wary from now. Will running the security check if I'm not sure about anything help or can these things hide from the check & should I get an anti malware app? Thanks for your help
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes