Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Car phone calls

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 10:28 AM)
Matt7589
Explorer
Options
For some reason having my phone plugged in with the AUX lead prevents anybody hearing me while on a call.
I can hear them but they cannot hear me. 
Anybody else having the same issue?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
if you are using Android Auto, you need to adjust the in-call volume.
0 Likes
Matt7589
Explorer
Options
With my S10 Plus I plugged it in with the AUX and that was it. So I assumed this would be the same?
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
if your car has an infotainment system, plugging into the device as an AUX component will only normally offer basic function (playing music, for example). If your infotainment system has a Bluetooth setting, connect your phone via Bluetooth, but make sure you keep the cable plugged in. pair your phone with the head unit, and your phone will be more functional, allowing you to adjust call settings, etc.
Alibaba63
First Poster
Options
Don't have it plugged in then
0 Likes
Matt7589
Explorer
Options
It's a pain when listening to music. Having to unplug everytime I get a call. Must be a way around it
0 Likes
phillip22houghton
First Poster
Options
im struggling with this aswell my s10 was perfect s21 once its plugged into aux and a call comes in theres nothing
0 Likes
Matt7589
Explorer
Options
So irritating, you would think with a new phone it would work better not stop working at all. Not sure how to resolve it tbh
Members_ikPgJBG
First Poster
Options

It's because the actual wire is for normal headphones to the phone (assumes the microphone is built into headphones) so when it's plugged into the car as an aux cable the microphone doesn't work because your phone thinks headphones are plugged in with built-in mic so turns normal mic settings off! I have the same frustrating problem

0 Likes