Voyager
Options
I can see an improvement ,anyone else?
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
dazbone
Journeyman
Options
I noticed this earlier today even after update. I'm sure it jumps between the zoom lenses and a crop of the main lens for no reason. I can take the same picture twice when using 3x or 10x, one pic will be sharp next may be less quality and not sharp. it's like using a digital zoom crop rather than using the zoom lenses!!
dazbone
Journeyman
Options
you can tell when it's done a crop because the file size of the jpeg is half the size.
0 Likes
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
yes the zoom is very unstable especially at 10x. very often jumps to digital zoom. another very poor bit of software operation. just shouldn't be happening that. just shouldn't!
dazbone
Journeyman
Options
very annoying you would have thought they'd learnt from last time. The implementation of the camera on the exynos version of the phone is an absolute shambles. The Snapdragon version appears to have far fewer problems and seems more polished. Can we get Samsung to respond to these posts considering this is on their site??!.
EdwinJ
Pioneer
Options
BTW you can turn of compression is gallery or camera settings, it does it so you have much for storage(internal) as it does have sd card slot. for 64mp or 108mp applies no compression.
0 Likes
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
if there's an option for switching this.off in settings, I certainly can't find it. in.meither gallery nor the camera settings
Vetri
Voyager
Options
this is exactly what is happening and some photos I took with 10x looked like a smudged picture. It makes me wonder if Samsung could address these before S22? what they need is a complete overhaul of image processing
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
they never will answer. after their emotional video about exynos and fans loyalty I thought it was going to be one heck of a change, maybe there are - such as battery life and cup but two equally important things are a massive let down. 1) overheating 2) image processing, Samsung please listen to your fans for once
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I use to get the extreme noise reduction in low light but since the update its gone to the polar opposite. Now its thick with noise and horribly pixilated in low light.
0 Likes
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
saw a YouTube video where someone posted a convo they had with Samsung support. in it they acknowledged the problems with the exynos version. the update released on the 5th they say was meant to address the over heating issue. they also mentioned that they will release an update to address the photo quality issues with the ezynos to bring it in line with the snapdragon variant. we'll have to wait and see but I doubt exynos will ever match the 888 on image processing. the best you can hope for is that they get it close enough to and far away from the horrible images we're getting at present.