Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improve cooling of S21 ultra when using the wireless Samsung 25W stand

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 10:12 AM)
qcmut
Student
Options

The fix is to create a larger gap between the S21 and the charger which can easily be done this way (see picture). The phone will still charge even with a thick case as mine (supcase unicorn beatle). It also prevents scratches on your case or phone if you do not use a case.cooling improvent.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
There is no need to improve anything. I have two of these chargers and I have no issues with the charger or the phone.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
qcmut
Student
Options

Than you are lucky and the only person who has no heating issues due to charging !!!

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
To be honest... wireless charging and the way it works with inducing a field current between two copper windings... by design will cause some heat. There is no solution or cure for this... it is simple electronics theory and the way the induction process works.

The easiest cure is not to use wireless charging... if this heat becomes a problem to you.

I would suggest by moving the phone away from the charging coil and increasing the distance between coils will probably then be unable to create such a strong field and will cause less current flow... hence taking longer to charge the phone. It may in fact reduce the heat for you... but whilst taking longer to charge !

Therefore to summarise, the likely reason that the phone does not heat up as much is that current flow is being reduced by a bigger gap.

This is not a problem that needs a solution.

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@qcmut wrote:

Than you are lucky and the only person who has no heating issues due to charging !!!

Just because a phone gets warm during wireless charging doesn't mean there is a problem that needs to be fixed. @smiley has already stated the reasons for this and so I won't waste my time explaining it myself.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I could not have said it better myself. Also by increasing the distance between the devices will 'waste' more energy during the charging process.
qcmut
Student
Options

No there is no difference in the charging current.

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
The same amount of power is being requested by the phone but because of the increased distance between the phone and the pad it will take longer to charge the phone while having the same power draw hence the energy wastage. The phone will keep 'asking' the charger for the power that it needs which the phone is not receiving because some of it is lost along the way.
So basically the phone is asking for 100 the charger is giving 100 but because there is a longer distance to travel about 70 is delivered (this is just made up example).
It's almost a similar concept to wireless signals where your phone will die quicker when receiving poor signal Vs strong.
0 Likes