Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE : How to Maximise Battery Life (S21 Ultra Users)

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 05:30 PM)
Kace2021
Pioneer
Options

I received my S21 ultra yesterday and have used my 10 years of best practice in order to maximise battery life whilst it's in learning mode.

When I smartswitch wirelessly:

1. I do NOT copy settings
2. I do NOT copy APPS
3. I do NOT copy homescreen
4. I allow the phone to fully drain out of the box and then fully charge when it's dead

My Samsung's have always come from Samsung directly and not from carriers.  I do this to avoid the additional bloatware that carriers blast their handsets with.

I've enjoyed 8+ hours of Screen On Time and it just died a few minutes ago after 24 hours.  

My current s21 Ultra settings:
120hz
FHD+
Auto Brightness
Dolby - enabled
NFC - ON
Bluetooth - ON
Deep sleep apps - i've added the apps that i do not use often

battery.jpg

My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 12/256GB Exynos
11 REPLIES 11
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
probably get 10hours + screen on time if you used constantly
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
is this with 120hz and WQHD?
0 Likes
Kace2021
Pioneer
Options

120hz
FHD+
Auto Brightness
Deep sleep apps - i've added the apps that i do not use often

Gionike
Voyager
Options
hi Kace2021. thank you for your post. perhaps you can help me.
I'm used to having Samsung note series but this time I got the s21 ultra 512gb exynos. I received the phone on 29th Jan. this is my 3rd phone now because the s21 ultra keeps overheating. I mean really hot. even if I'm only running few basic apps like Web browsing, msgs, YouTube. now I'm not sure why. EE have been great with replacing the phone very quickly. Samsung technician over the phone can't figure why it's heating up. if I send it for repair, it will take 2 weeks n I don't wanna do that. any idea why it might be heating up? I received the 3rd one today. I didn't use switch. I just used Samsung account and Google to restore the apps, settings, contacts, home screen etc. the first 2 phones I used switch wirelessly. any thoughts would be really helpful. thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Kace2021
Pioneer
Options

Would you consider buying a handset from Samsung directly?  

EE may have installed bloatware on your handset that could be causing this issue.  

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I don't think installed any apps or anything.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
and I usually did buy the note series from Samsung but this time I got the upgrade from EE. it worked out cheaper plus I can upgrade anytime with EE now.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I meant I don't think EE installed anything
0 Likes
Kace2021
Pioneer
Options

What charger do you use?  Is it the 25watt one?

0 Likes