Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to make or receive phone calls on my S21 Ultra from my Windows 10 PC as advertised !

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 02:07 PM)
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

For the life of me, I'm not able to make or receive phone calls via my Win10 PC. I learnt that phone call management is only possible if the phone is connected to the PC via Bluetooth (not just the same WiFi).  My phone is connected to the PC via WiFi (Your Phone app) and paired via BT.  But when I click on the 'connect' button for BT, my PC shows my S21U to be 'connected' but only for a few seconds;  and on my phone, it keeps saying 'cannot connect'.

However, I'm still able to send/receive files via the 'send files' or 'receive files' option (by right-clicking on my PC's BT icon on the taskbar); the other notifications like SMSes etc I can see on the Phone Companion app. But calls just do not work. Really frustrating !

12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
have you looked in the calls & messages on other devices setting on your phone and made sure it's active
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Thanks.  Yes,  I did.  However, like I said, under Bluetooth settings in my S21U, while it shows my PC under the list of paired devices, it does NOT say 'Connected' next to it like it says for my watch or earbuds. When I touch my PC's name, it says "Connecting..." for about 10 seconds and then says "Couldn't connect".  So, without establishing this BT connection, I cannot get this feature to work.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
this will be a massive pain in the backside have you tried unpairing the PC from both ends and doing the whole process again? I haven't used this feature for a very long time and I can remember teething problems when I first used it.
0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Oh yes, I did.....even now, before replying to you.  Like I said, it is paired but not 'connected'.  On the PC side, it says 'Connected' (some times) but it never says so on the phone. 😞

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
On ur pc, make sure to launch the "my phone" app.
It should auto connect as long as the app is running on PC, and you have it turned on, on your phone.

20210306_012258_53676.jpg

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try enabling Wi-Fi Calling on your phone and check link to Windows is enabled on your phone
0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

I appreciate your responses.  However, not sure if you have understood the problem.  Apart from Samsung Dex, Samsung connects to PC via 'Your Phone' app on PC + windows link on phone.  For this to work, both devices need to be on the same WiFi. My problem is not with this.

For phone calls to show up in the 'Your Phone' app on the PC, the devices need to connected also via Bluetooth, not just WiFi.  The problem is that even though my phone is paired to my PC via Bluetooth (and already connected to over WiFi), Bluetooth is not in 'connected' status (if you go to your phone's Bluetooth connections, it will show "Connected" in blue to the devices phone is connected to like watch, earphones, etc, but next to my PC's name it says 'Couldn't connect'.  Not sure why !  Only if this connection is established with the call functionality work.

Greywolfone
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue. I have Windows 10 and a Samsung S21.  Is your phone supplier AT&T? I believe AT&T has blocked certain functions.  Unlike an S21 supplied direct from Samsung, the AT&T S21 blocks USB function. The USB connection is not active for data transactions because the USB connection only functions for charging. I know that issue is not related to the Bluetooth connectivity problem, but they are both blocked by AT&T.  My previous phone was a Samsung S10+. It supported both functions.

0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Hi - I'm in the UK, so no AT&T, sorry.

PS - this community page is for Samsung EU/UK (as it begins with EU.community.samsung.com)

0 Likes