Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't seen any posts about this, but... Game data transfer problems.

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 05:24 PM)
Ethrax2
First Poster
Options

I used the Smart Switch app to transfer from my P20 Pro to my S21. Everything looks like it worked, but the game data from my apps didn't get transferred. They all start like I'm starting for the first time. I've googled the issue, but buying 3rd party apps, connecting my phone to my pc, transferring to SDcard(which I can't use), creating APK files of all my games and uploading to some cloud service and downloading them all again, surely there must be an easier way when I can just connect the two phones by cable!?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
games are rooted to your phone which means they are not transferable to a new phone
0 Likes
Ethrax2
First Poster
Options

What!? So I'll have to keep my old phone forever just for the games? And why are there apps that claim to be able to transfer the data?

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
if it helps my s7 edge has angry birds rio... with evey level done and the game is completed.. I upgraded to a s10 and had to start again
now I know how hard the levels were as I am struggling to complete all the levels again
0 Likes
Ethrax2
First Poster
Options

Yeah, but I'm talking games I've spent probably 1500 hours and probably $1000 in over the last 3 years. I can't remember this being in issue when I switched from my S5 to my P20 Pro.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
depends on game, but paid for games on Google play store should be transferable as long as you're using the same Google account. Games that use cloud saves will automatically be the same as long as you're using the same credentials for that game.
0 Likes