Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have really bad battery life on my S21 FE

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 11:16 AM)
Members_xnyovyD
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I got this phone 1 month ago and I think I made a bad decision choosing this phone as a daily driver because I get 4 hours screen on time on average and  maximum 5 hours and 20 minutes of screen on time. I am not playing any games, only using social media and basic apps. I am using 3G ( and Bluetooth for my Galaxy Buds Plus ) and not 4G to get the most of the battery life and debloated the phone, also I changed every setting possible to get the most battery life possible and I am not using battery saver because it s terrible with 60hz. I attached some screenshots of my usage and I have to ask if this is normal battery life for a flagship? If it is not can I get a replacement if I am going to send it to guarantee?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220310-093232_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-092549_Device care.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Instagram is a battery hog, almost a quarter of your charge used in 2 hours. That is what is abnormal, not the battery.,

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Wipe you cache partition and then see ifvthat makes a difference
EJ236
Explorer
Options

Hi. Iv put alot of work an time to try get decent battery life out of the phone.  Got mine got a month now

I'm not using social media except watsapp. What I found standby time would kill my battery. Waking up from 50 or 60% to 0 is terrible. 

Here is some steps maybe you like to try. Which now from 7 am to about 1pm. I'm having decent 80% battery life. Compared to maybe 40 to 50 % (depending) Also rated more on standby time. So yours may differ.

It's alot of work heads-up. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-fe-battery-drain/td-p/4848228

Screenshot_20220310-131012_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-131031_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_xnyovyD
Apprentice
Options

I already tried that, not working. 

0 Likes
Members_xnyovyD
Apprentice
Options

With my old phone I had 7-8 hours of battery life with same amount of usage of apps and it had 4000 mah.

0 Likes
Members_xnyovyD
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply, I agree, this phone battery life is terrible, 100%-99% drop in 1-2 minutes of using it and overall really bad, I will try putting all apps to sleep, should I let adaptive battery turned on?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 seems ro be a problem for most social media apps, older devices seem to have had fewer issues.
Members_xnyovyD
Apprentice
Options

Maybe, but I am still sad because I payed a lot for this phone and it should have a decent battery life, at least 6 hours screen on time, also I dont want to keep battery saver on because I don t wanna use 60hz like a 100 euro phone, just typing this message my battery drop 2%.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Other devices have problems with Android 12, it's not just a Samsung thing. Be careful you don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire.