Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am staying put with my S21U ! I think ! Maybe !

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 02:18 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Over the past couple of weeks I have been sooooo close to pressing that button. The trade in deals and price are almost too good to be true with discounts. 

However in todays financial mess and the rising domestic bills it is hard to justify for me. Even with good trade value and other discounts then it still equates to around £800 give or take. 

This fairly unscientific comparison by SuperSaf between the S21 ultra and S23 ultra kind of sums up my thoughts... 

As yet I am certainly not a resounding NO, and temptation hits me nearly every day when I take another look at the newer and shiny model. I have been crying myself to sleep with everyone receiving their new phones these past days🤣🤣🤣

However I still think this S21 ultra is a beast and it still squares up to nearly every new phone today... even at 2 years old. 

Someone please hide my credit card... just until preorders are over😉

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
6 REPLIES 6
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Mate S21u is a cracking phone, there is always something shiny round the corner in tech...give it a few months and the S23U will be old news and the S24u rumour mill will start alllllllll over again.

"The best camera is the one you have with you"
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I think I might treat myself to a new phone case for a change of appearance... and a factory reset of the phone upon the 5.1 update. There is nothing like a factory reset to give that new phone setup feeling 😉

Actually also you can download the S23 artwork for your Samsung... if you really want to give it an S23 refresh 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s23-series-wallpapers/
- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I am looking forward to see your photos @GusB

Some of the pictures you took with your S21 a while back were awesome.

Keep them coming with the S23 !
- Smiley

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Very kind.... no pressure! 😂
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@smiley The S23 Ultra may be enticing but not everyone looking to upgrade at this stage, some have a Device that meets their requirements or are waiting to see how it performs in real life usage. There will always be new tech around the corner 😊

Interesting video which makes valid comparisons. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I'm doing the exact same thing keeping the s21 ultra this year and will upgrade next year the s21 ultra is still a beast of a phone.
0 Likes