Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I am getting worse battery performance after updating to one ui4

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 11:33 AM)
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
I used to be able to make it through a whole day without changing my phone but now I have one ui 4 on my s21 ultra I need to charge it at least once before I go to sleep.
I don't think I have anything eating away at my battery but any comments are appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you checked in Device Care after a full cycle to see if an app is using more battery than normal ?

You can also run the optimise programme there too.

After an update if a phone is still misbehaving after a few days which allows all the files etc to settle then the first thing I'd try is to clear the phones system files cache. 

Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

If that does not help then try Safe Mode.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ disables downloaded apps, themes and other launchers to help determine if one or more is causing conflict. 

A last resort back up and factory reset @DazzaF 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Mine gets me through the day. But I only used 2 hours screen time yesterday and was at 46%. It's definitely draining quicker than before.Screenshot_20211127-221044_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Ultra799
Explorer
Options
The s21 ultra battery is great but definitely things that fill the screen colour eat the battey like nice wallpaper etc keep it black and simple that should help totally use the battery on the galaxy labs product to monitor the battery.
You should find that screen time and actual calls are the screen are your main drain. Push power mode button you can out apps that you don't use to sleep.
Phone has alot of power options but take it to Samsung youv will get a phone to use until thry fix under warranty.
Try taking it off power save and give it a few days . Will put apps to sleep
Members_dAZQ3RI
First Poster
Options

I've also noticed that my battery is immediately worse after making the update a few days ago. I'm probably going to try and roll back the software version 

0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
The device care doesn't show anything unusual but a lot of apps have just been set to sleep and I've done a normal reset and I think it's back to normal now.
Thanks for your responce
0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Yhyh It's weird.
But I just did a factory restart and it seems to be fine now.
0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Okkkk I will try this aswell thanks for your responce :smiling-face:
0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Try restarting your phone I just did that and i think it's fine now
0 Likes