Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to speed up video?

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 02:09 PM)
nortoniq
Apprentice
Options
Hi 

I noticed after updated I can't any longer edit speed of videos in video editor. The speed up x2, x4 etc it seems to be missing. Anybody can tell me how to do this on s21 ultra? Tia
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@nortoniq: Typically, the Play Speed options at the editing stage should be visible by following the steps below.

Open the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Videos > Select a video > Tap the pencil symbol at the bottom of the screen. From here, you should see a series of icons along the bottom of the screen, just above your Navigation Bar (Recent, Home and Back buttons). Swipe to the right until you seen 3 circles with a triangle in the largest circle (to the left of the musical note). Tap on the 3 circles to show your Play speed options above, make your selection, then tap 'Save' at the top of the screen. 

Let me know how you get on. 

nortoniq
Apprentice
Options
Yes I'm aware of all that and I did previously used it many times but not buttons are completely gone! Screenshot_20220422-135824_Video Editor.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@nortoniq: Have you tried swiping past the smiley sticker symbol, as more options should be available here? If not, try tapping the 3 vertical dots to the right of the sticker symbol to see if this produces further editing options. 

nortoniq
Apprentice
Options
Yes I tried everything that you said and no luck no speed-up options. Thanks anyway much appreciated
Members_5cQWeuK
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I discovered, that somehow only videos which I shot with my phone camera can't be sped up. Something that worked for me: I changed the resolution down (from 2160x3840 to 1440x2560) and then saved that edited video as a copy. Now there is a option to change the speed of that "new" video.
I hope that helps. 

Greetings Tim

mewi
First Poster
Options

Thanks! This helped!

0 Likes
Fairbro93
First Poster
Options
So Samsung have changed the feature then used to work on any video, this has been so frustrating trying to edit my drone footage
MuzammilMMM
First Poster
Options

Worked for me too! Thank you so much 

0 Likes
Notjusttheordinary
First Poster
Options

I use to be able to slow down.. as well as speed up sections of my video.  I've tried every suggestion here and nothing pops up to be able to do that.  I found that I can play the video in faster or slower speed by taping am icon on the upper left.  However... there is no way to save the selection.  

Very frustrating.....I even tried lowering the resolution as suggested by another person here,  saving as a copy then going back into edit and still... no option to slow down or speed up video...help! Do I need to download a different video editing app at this point?

0 Likes