Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove OneUI 5 Beta?

(Topic created on: 05-09-2022 04:13 PM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

This has been posted a few times, but no one has provided an actual answer which is a bit of a worry.

I'd like to remove the Beta and return to normal, stable software.

I have clicked the WITHDRAW button in the Samsung Members app and ticked all the boxes there (will no longer allow me to provide feedback as I am now withdrawn, so I know that's worked).

I've downloaded an up to date version of Smart Switch, plugged my phone in and all starts up perfectly.

I'm then presented with a screen giving me 2 options, BACKUP or RESTORE, everything I've read indicates that I should be clicking on DOWNGRADE (or something similar), neither of the two options given allows me to remove the beta and return to normal.....so where do I go from here?, a few people have asked it but no answers are actually given.

Cheers,

RichSamsung.jpg

47 REPLIES 47
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

Happy to report everything is back as it was and the phone is working again on the current version. All apps & data restored.

Solution
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

MY GOD......LOOK WHAT HAS MAGICALLY APPEARED.....THE LESSER SPOTTED DOWNGRADE BUTTON.  Giving it a try now.

downgrade.jpg

GrayT72
Explorer
Options
That's great news for you. Perhaps I should have waited. 😅
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

All sorted, I don't think you'd gain anything by waiting @GrayT72 , it was literally Odin, guessing it was exactly the same process you undertook, the download took 2 hours plus, so nothing quick or easy about it though it (finally) came through Samsung themselves.

Fully working and back to normal now thankfully, though I did the schoolboy error of not scanning the QR code on Google Authenticator, so I've lost some accounts thanks to the process.

Hope everyone else gets sorted, nice to meet you @GrayT72 

Rich

Tehsin
Apprentice
Options
I have dowgraded aswell. It got stuck as it wasn't moving for 2 hours. Took cable out, restarted and it worked.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Slow process isn't it..... Considering how quick and easy it is to put the beta on....
Tehsin
Apprentice
Options
True.
0 Likes
JButler7
First Poster
Options

So If I choose downgrade on the smart switch. Will it put the latest official stable Android 13 on? Will it delete all my personal data?

0 Likes