Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove OneUI 5 Beta?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 12:52 PM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

This has been posted a few times, but no one has provided an actual answer which is a bit of a worry.

I'd like to remove the Beta and return to normal, stable software.

I have clicked the WITHDRAW button in the Samsung Members app and ticked all the boxes there (will no longer allow me to provide feedback as I am now withdrawn, so I know that's worked).

I've downloaded an up to date version of Smart Switch, plugged my phone in and all starts up perfectly.

I'm then presented with a screen giving me 2 options, BACKUP or RESTORE, everything I've read indicates that I should be clicking on DOWNGRADE (or something similar), neither of the two options given allows me to remove the beta and return to normal.....so where do I go from here?, a few people have asked it but no answers are actually given.

Cheers,

RichSamsung.jpg

47 REPLIES 47
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've been having the same issue. There has been one more reply which to be honest is what I did. I also restarted the phone and connected back up to pc and still same issue. But give it a try and let me know if it works. Screenshot_20220903_100500_Samsung Members.jpg
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Thanks Fiona, so you tried this and it worked? Or still no joy?.....

I'm currently waiting on a few calls as the kids are out so not in a position to be without a phone until later tonight.

Thanks for the reply..... Worrying that actually removing the beta seems to be such a hard task isn't it.

Rich
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I tried myself to downgrade a few days ago, had the same issue as yourself. But I'm sure I restarted the phone and plugged back up to pc. Smart switch still said the same. I haven't had time to try again myself yet. Will have another attempt later.
Tehsin
Apprentice
Options
Any luck?
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Sadly not.  Just tried it, nothing at all, still no revert option showing anywhere on the Smart Switch software.  I tried clicking on everything through desperation.....NOTHING.

0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
No joy here, still no revert option and none of the other available options do anything at all.....Looks like we're stuck with the Beta version as the Samsung suggestion of clicking an option that doesn't exist doesn't seem to work, surprisingly.

I also tried doing all this after wiping cache position, no difference.
0 Likes
Tehsin
Apprentice
Options
Contacted Samsung via chat. I was told that there isn't any option to roll back to previous software.

I am confused.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
I do hope that's not the case, especially as they're still telling people to click this revert button......could be an expensive mistake.

The T&C's highlight that you CAN revert it, previous beta software has been reversible.

Might try calling this number at the bottom tomorrow as no help seems to be incoming from either the beta or community forums.

Let's keep each other posted.Screenshot_20220903_233740_Samsung Members.jpg
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

Basically Samsung have f***ed us over with this. Smart Switch doesn't give anyone the option to downgrade, and Samsung aren't giving two s**ts about getting us back to the current supported versions. Their answer to everyone so far has been to go visit your local Samsung store, which in the UK is a joke as there aren't many around. How the f**k are we supposed to get to one when the nearest could be around 100mls away. 

PS, apologies for the swearing, I'm still furious about this as I can no longer access any of my financial apps.