Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SIM cards in the S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 09:16 AM)
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

As we've received a lot of questions about the SIM cards on the S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra, we thought it would be helpful to publish some information on how to install them, as there have been some changes to our design in comparison to other devices. 

Information about the SIM specification

• The S21 family devices have physical 2 SIM card slots to keep and offer e-SIM support.
  • S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra use hybrid SIM technology that enable you to keep connected to two numbers/data plans on one device.
  • This can be a combination of 2 physical SIM cards or 1 physical SIM card and a eSIM where supported by the customer’s network.

How do I install the SIM card in the S21 series?

With an all new design, follow the below steps to install your physical SIM cards.

1. Eject the SIM card tray using your ejector pin from your box.
  2. Place the SIM card in SIM 1 with the gold contacts facing outside aligning the SIM card corner cut-out with the top right of the SIM card tray
  3. Re-insert the SIM card tray into your phone.

SIM slot 1

Front facing SIM card trayFront facing SIM card tray

If installing a second physical nano-SIM card, flip over the SIM tray repeating the installation steps, installing it with the gold contacts facing out of the sim card tray.

SIM slot 2

Rear facing view SIM card tray: SIM 2Rear facing view SIM card tray: SIM 2

Please note, you can use up to 2 SIMs on the S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra including an eSIM. This means you can either use 2x physical nano-SIMs or 1 physical SIM and an eSIM.

Hope this helps! 

^SachikoT

2 REPLIES 2
rob oneal
First Poster
Options

hello out there, does anyone know if the samsung s21 ultra will work with a cuban sim card from nauta? 

i know it may or may not work through an american cell provider, just wondering if anyone has used a 'cubacel' card in this handset...

thanks!

rob o

0 Likes
andy k1
First Poster
Options

I just tried this on my new (refurbished) Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g, settings indicate the phone takes 2 sims + e-sim, sim card tray is 2 sided, marked sim 1 and sim 2.

Placed 2 sims in the tray, and inserted, settings do not show sim 2.

When I check sim tray, sim 2 has disappeared inside my new (refurbished) phone, which now rattles. Sim is not visible inside slot, and I now have to do a sim swap to retain my sim 2 account, and return phone under warranty for replacement.

Can anyone confirm that this phone is designed to actually USE 2 physical sims??

Not Happy.

0 Likes