Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change photos from hiec to jpeg?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 06:29 PM)
Ultra799
Explorer
Options
Hi there just wondering  , it says un manual that I can change file format of photos etc to jpeg files. 

Anyone help? , used these phones alot but only really started with this phone due to the camera S21 ultra 5g
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
I'm pretty sure this is the way to do it:
Open the camera app and go to settings; under the pictures section open Format and Advanced options and turn off HEIF pictures option.
Ultra799
Explorer
Options
Give it a try thanks 😊
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under gallery settings tick the box convert heif images for sharing.
Or as mentioned above turn it off under camera settings.Screenshot_20210915-174307_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
Ultra799
Explorer
Options
Yea but I still keep getting emails back, due to hiec. Alot browsers have added to view but is annoying, getting a heap of screens back as the other person couldn't see them.
0 Likes
Ultra799
Explorer
Options
Satesin manual that I can change via gallery, as that's OK long as use share but do it from the computer , my last pc no issues this one no photos.
I will ask Samsung
0 Likes
NavyCorpsman42
Student
Options

Thanks a lot. That worked perfectly.

0 Likes
NavyCorpsman42
Student
Options

Forget about the Gallery setting. As NinjaRanga said:

Open the camera app and go to settings; under the pictures section open Format and Advanced options and turn off HEIF pictures option.

0 Likes
Anna0492
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for your help!

floridamimi1954
Apprentice
Options

Ive done this it wasnt on.  it only recently that the pictures taken in the last month or so have no been heic instead of jpeg.  when I try to open them on my pc I have to conver each one seperately in order to share them

0 Likes