Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take Samsung to make a phone ?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 09:49 PM)
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I see the Ultra 512 has been out of stock for at least a month now & if you go to buy one it says "Not for sale"

I ordered the Navy Ultra 512 nearly 3 weeks ago & not heard a thing off them, It just says customising.

Have Samsung stopped making them altogether ?

11 REPLIES 11
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Not sure but I've got a 9 week lead time for my customised Ryzen Pro powered ThinkPad P to be built and sent out from Lenovo. You have to wait for customised products longer than off the shelf unfortunately. They should tell you up front how long though like Lenovo did with me. They asked if I still wanted to place the order or not.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did you order directly through Samsung @lee815  ? If so have a word with their online shop team.

If you ordered through a Network etc then please have a word with their customer support team.

I hope you get your chosen phone ASAP.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I ordered it directly from Samsung. Because its a custom colour order, it says it will take 2 - 4 weeks so sill have to wait another week.

It's just strange that on the page where you order a new phone it says "not for sale" 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd say that if  the order goes past the original lead time then give them a bell.

Right now I wouldn't read too much into what the information says for anyone wanting to try and place a new order for one.

That said the Online Store Team will be able to officially clarify the status of your order @lee815 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

if you go past 4 weeks call the samsung store, however keep in mind that we are in a period of severe shortage regarding industrial electronic components, chips and even the basic operations are slowed down due to the shortage. A costum colour phone may require a little bit more to assemble then

Archer
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I ordered Navy/256 on 9/1/21 still waiting for 9/19. To me, the back with a different color should not cause such a delay.

riverfr

0 Likes
BloomFromTheAsh
First Poster
Options

On what date did you finally receive your order? I ordered a new phone 10/18 and was told it was still being customized..

0 Likes
ChiMac
First Poster
Options

Ordered through Samsung directly, I'm now 2 months in and every time I chat for an update they give the same canned response its done and awaiting shipping in 2-3 days, and then offer me some 25$ or a 5% discount penance for my patience when I get it (which will never happen if I never get the phone LoL!).  After the first 30 days it was a "technical issue", this 30 days I have no idea what the hell the hold up is...

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I know this isn't answering your question, but since my phone is always in a case or a bumper, I always order the phone in black. 

I can also imagine there are shorter waits as long as the color is black.  Sorry. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case