Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the February update on S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 03:27 PM)
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Hello friends, how is the performance of your device's camera after the February update (G998BXXU1AUB3)? Do you still have the problem of overheating? What about the problem of camera lag and Video 4k 60fps lag? Are the problems solved? 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
KamiBassi
Apprentice
Options
I did actually back up some stuff but never bothered restoring, pain when it comes to trying to remember every password for each app but worth it in the long run.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Mines the S21 Ultra 512GB version too and I never used smart switch. I did have issues getting the update when I first got it as it was stuck in the EUR CSC and wouldn't allow me to run certain Samsung apps such as this members one. I found a fix which helped the next day and its been running fine since then. I've never had it overheat even after 10mins recording of UHD 60fps video or benchmarking and gaming for several hours. My screen on time seems excellent and typically runs from 9 to 12 hours depending on my use.

I prefer to use my phones fresh without backups, just log into my Samsung and Google accounts ofcourse.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
when did you receive this update?
I'm in the UK.

OTA, nope.

smart switch on Windows checked for pre- release, still no!!

it's now February 11th and international release was 4 to 5 days ago.

last time this happened on my S20 ultra Samsung support tried the usual fob off of can take three months... My *****
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As always, this release has come to the stock Samsung, non carrier phones, first. In the U.K. that is devices with CSC code BTU.

Carrier branded devices will receive the update after certification by those carriers and may take a few days to a week before their release. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Very well. My S21 Ultra reached 45 degrees .And the top frame of the device was hot.

You do not have a problem with lagging in 4k 60 frames video recording?

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
A quick update after day 1 of performing a factory reset and the difference to my S21 is astounding ! I have been struggling to get a days use, and usually less than 5 hours screen on time to a full charge.

The phone is relearning again so might take a few days, although today my phone has been on nearly 12 hours, more than 4 hours SOT and I still have 57% battery.

a complete change around from factory reset and installing apps individually.

it is early days... and still a couple of battery days optimising... but these results are very hopeful 😀😀
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Excellent news smiley!

It may take 2 or 3 full charge cycles to reach its potential but I am glad the Factory Data Reset and fresh install is working for you.

If only more users would do it... there would be fewer complaints. 

EhGNz3K.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
orrange113
Journeyman
Options

When you buy a flagship premium phone for 1.5k, you shouldn’t think, how make it work properly and bother yourself with factory resets and stuff. That is a bizarre absurd 

0 Likes
Shah
First Poster
Options

Hi my battery life is excellent I easily get 8/10 hours of SOT  and gets me through the day with heavy usage. I haven't experienced any overheating problem but I did notice the 4k 60ps camera blurr when I play the video it seems quite blurry but apart from from I had no other problem and I love my s21 ultra.

0 Likes
Members_Fa6QB9S
First Poster
Options

Netflix doesn't work for me after the update, or nothing can be played, it still writes an error. And I don't go to other Live TV apps. Does anyone else have such a problem?

0 Likes