Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the February update on S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 09:36 PM)
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Hello friends, how is the performance of your device's camera after the February update (G998BXXU1AUB3)? Do you still have the problem of overheating? What about the problem of camera lag and Video 4k 60fps lag? Are the problems solved? 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I am just performing a factory reset right now...live.

One thing I find very interesting... is that it looks completely different from the steps that I went through on day 1... where I booted, did a smartswitch sync...

in the first couple of days I had all kinds of problems in getting my vodafone sim card recognised, and getting apps to start up etc.

One UI 3 is also looking very different right now, from what I have been using over the past 11 days. I am hopeful that I could find this factory reset and manual app installing of only the relevant ones now... could be a good choice... i will post my results in a day or two whether this changes my phone's performance or not...
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just took a screenie of my CPU Spy to see how my phone is performing in Deep Sleep which as I am sure you know, conserves battery and informs me if any apps are misbehaving. I do not use Battery Power Saving preferring instead to optimise apps that need it whilst giving apps that are in constant use, a free rein... Nova Launcher, widgets, email, Message, Whatsapp, Calendar, etc: I do use Adaptive brightness and Adaptive Motion smoothness as well as Auto brightness on the Always on but I am prepared to take a 10%-15% battery hit on it as I got fed up with, "Tap to show". Location services and Bluetooth are on 24/7.

CPU Spy shows how much time my phone spends in Deep Sleep when idle...

CPU Spy 1.jpg

CPU Monitor shows the temperature and activity when my phone is idle...

Screenshot_20210208-225613_Cpu Monitor.png

Hope this helps.

Apologies to realmm99 for hijacking his thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
KamiBassi
Apprentice
Options

I have the 512gb ultra and did a fresh start when i first got it, the batter lasts for about 30 hours with 6/7 hours screen on time.  Definitely recommend not doing a smart switch.

realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Normally, the device is cool in idle mode...But My S21 Ultra was severely overheated after using the camera for 10 minutes. My question is, was this problem solved after installing this update?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As per my earlier post... "What the update will not do, is rectify any issues caused by users apps and settings... no update can do that."

Check out the suggestions in this thread, regarding a Factory Reset and fresh install of apps and data as well as checking your apps for Android 11 compatibility. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

I have returned my S21 Ultra and I no longer have this device. I want to know if the problem of overheating the device and camera lag has been solved? Do you suggest I buy an S21 Ultra again?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I do beg your pardon realme99!

I was confused as to who I was replying to. Earlier today, in reply to another user, I left the camera on for 10 minutes. It did drain the battery but did not run unbearably hot. I will try it again with a CPU temp reading at the end this time. 

0 Likes
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, my S21 Ultra, like some people, got so hot frame on the top of the device for 10 to 20 minutes when I used the camera that it burned my hand. My purpose in asking this question of the members was to know this problem has been solved with the update? Or it is hardware and cannot be solved. Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just completed the worlds most boring 10 minute video, see screenshot...

10 min video test.jpeg

The CPU temperature went from 28C to 35C and in no way can it be described as too hot. See screenshot...

Screenshot_20210210-214013_Cpu Monitor.png

Hope that this answers the question.

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Best not to back up apps on Samsung Cloud either.