Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i redo

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 01:35 PM)
Snakeshot
Explorer
Options
I had taken part in the samung beta one ui 5 update and im regretting it , i frickin hate it , none of my apps work properly how do i undo the update.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
James2909
Explorer
Options
You should be able to opt-out similarly to the Pixel via the Members app.

This kind of indicates how much Samsung mess around with the core OS: I never had a single issue on the Android 13 beta on Pixel. Incidentally my S22U is also nowhere near as slick and smooth as the Pixel 6 and I can't even blame the Exynos chip for that!

I was looking to try this on my S22U and couldn't get the beta to be offered to my device, but I'm kind of thankful now.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's the whole point of Beta software. It's explicitly put in the warnings and I did a post advising of possible issues.
Pixels do suffer from issues with Beta software gremlins and I have had them on my previous Pixels. Though the Android 13 was quite stable
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

You just need to remove your account from the beta programme in the Samsung Members app. However, be warned that you might get the issue with the downgrade option being missing from the Smart Switch app. I've got it, and lots of others are reporting the same issue. You cannot downgrade due to the option missing, so your only option is to visit s Samsung store and book your phone in for a firmware reflash, which might mean you wait a week for a slot. 

However, you can do it yourself by downloading the relevant firmware and app from SamMobile. I'm in the process of doing that now, but it take almost 8hrs to download the firmware file. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do wipe cache and make sure all apps have been. Updated in both stores.

I personally haven't had any issues with the apps I used.
Even my banking apps are fine .

This has to be the best beta I have had.
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

The problem isn't the beta, the problem is that we can't downgrade back to the current version. The beta itself seems OK, but it's not certified so there are things you can't do with it that I need to have access to.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought that was a given with a betas so why enrol in the first place 🤔.

Also as mentioned the not able to downgrade is a bummer.
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
Because I've done it in the past to see what is coming soon. Never had a problem before that's why I have always participated. But this time I've come across this issue and literally no one at samsung seems to give two sh**s about it. I'm lucky enough to live quite close to a samsung store and even their service manager didn't give a s**t, just expected me to wait for a week to do a 15min job.
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
You cant ,your stuck with it lol
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

Really??? So how come I'm now back up and working on Android 12... 😝

PS, it's you're, not your...

0 Likes