Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I leave the S21 beta?

(Topic created on: 13-10-2021 10:30 AM)
fx777
Explorer
Options
I signed up for the beta last week and it has been downloaded onto my phone, however I have not installed it - it's just a pending software update. Decided not to install after reading posts about the beta stability and poor battery life etc. So question is how do I now leave the beta program? It says to go into the members app then settings and there's an option there, but I have no such option showing anywhere. How do I also delete the pending software update? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't think you get the option to leave until you have actually installed the beta...I tried to roll back to android 11 via laptop but gave up after 12 hours of waiting for data to be downloaded....I have had no issues with the beta and battery life....on issue I have is with a 3rd part app needed for work, I now have to carry my s6 tab with me for the 3rd part app.
fx777
Explorer
Options
OK, thanks for the info. So I'm assuming that if I just ignore the pending software update which I have done for the last week, when the official version comes out later in the year I'll get that automatically and it will overwrite the beta already downloaded?
0 Likes
Ekarahan
Navigator
Options
Option is under the setting in your Samsung Member App..Screenshot_20211013-170020_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes if downloaded and no longer wish the Beta can withdraw via Samsung Members. However you need to downgrade to the previous version via Smart Switch on a computer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes