Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible photo quality S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 06:02 AM)
lendelbogdan
Explorer
Options

I'm very disappointed with camera quality. My S8 is much better.

Do you have quality issues too?

13 REPLIES 13
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Kinda think my Note 10 plus took nicer pics , sharper and better more vibrant colours,
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
S21 Ultra has been enjoyed by many that have the phone.
What's the problem with yours?
Did you get the phone brand new or second hand/ reconditioned?
The Note 20 Ultra has brilliant cameras and I've been consistently told the S21 Ultra cameras are even better. So it's a shame you are unhappy with yours.
If its second hand or reconditioned. It's possible the battery may have been replaced and the inside of the lenses were not cleaned properly.
If you got it new, maybe in the camera app settings, clear the app cashe.
A decent lens cleaning solution would get the glass on the cameras properly clean. Surprising that they may look clean but a proper lens cleaner can get them spotless.
The Pro mode is an excellent tool to use to setup your photos more to how you want them.
I'm assuming Expert RAW is available for the S21 Ultra. Another way to get decent photos
Jimboo84
Black Belt 
Options

@lendelbogdan 

Reset your camera settings or reset your phone to factory settings. Should you restore a backup don't import the settings. My S21U always took nice pictures. If you experience bad quality send picture examples via your Samsung Members app as Error Report to the Samsung developers

Try to use Pro mode and see if it's the same as the Photo mode

DavidC_Surrey
First Poster
Options
The S21 Ultra puts a ring around everything it feels the need to enhance. Very annoying. It is the only real criticism. The other for me is that when the 108 megapixel camera is selected the lens used for it is not up to much so when you zoom in on one of the pictures it takes you lose detail. Need a bigger lens to resolve detail. The zoom is also limited to 6x at full res which is disappointing. I want to update to the S22 Ultra but I fear these failures will be in that too.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @lendelbogdan  A number  of recommendations to fix the picture quality have already been mentioned.  It depends though if you are using point and shoot or if you have tried various settings/modes.  The expert raw app is excellent for improving the quality of your images and giving a more professional feel.  A bit more detail in this article, I can confirm it is  compatible with the S21 Ultra though not the  base version or the Plus.   https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-s22-expert-raw-camera-app-creation-z-fold-3-note-20-ultra-re... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Use the normal 4.3 mode instead of the 108mp one and turn on scene optimiser.
Didn't get what you meant by 'puts a ring around it'.

Use the 3x and 10x lens when you feel.like zooming.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Welcome to check photos under my profile
0 Likes
DavidC_Surrey
First Poster
Options
Yes that's my point. You can only use the better lenses with the 10 megapixel camera which is daft. Who thought that was a good idea? The camera's got edge enhancement which often puts a lighter line around edges of objects. Many people have complained about it. This seems to have improved recently but is still there. Or perhaps I am just becomming accustomed to it
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
After the last update you ux4.1 I noticed the native camera app has started taken over saturated photographs. HEIF are really bad.

Video on the other hand seems to be good however I do still recommend trying to find a good nd filter to cut back the uv light added to any photography/videography.

If you really need the bear results beyond social media then you have buy a dedicated camera. That is the reality.

Or do what I do and use expert raw along with adobe lightroom/snapseed. Only lightroom needs a subscription for full features.

For more advanced processing you can use motion stacks or similar to produce better images.

Also I recommend a tripod, those nd filters and phone holder or gimbal of some sort for steady shots when making multiple exposures for stacked images.

People do remember this s21 ultra has a lot of features . If you want a camera of a similar standing then xperia pro-i will be better for you or indeed a decent bridge camera.

That is the reality I am afraid. The 108 megapixel night mode is very inaccurate and needs to be fixed. I
0 Likes