Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous battery life

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 03:18 PM)
K45h
Explorer
Options
So, I made a post around 4 days ago, about how the battery life on this ***** s21 ultra had gone to s**t. I've ran good guardian app as well as cleared the cache. The p.o.s phone has terrible standby time, it loses 10-15% an hour doing nothing. I used to have Samsung S3, note4,5, and went to iPhone. I liked the look of this when it came to the market early last year. But, like all Samsung's they turn c**p real quick, no wonder they lose a lot of their value after a year. Come October, I'm going iPhone 14 pro max. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
My s21 ultra seems to be OK. Maybe worth a shot factory resetting after the big os update to android 12. Especially if clearing cache hasn't helped. I moved from apple, both good in my opinion. You go with what you prefer.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I saw your previous post but it didn't get very far because it got hijacked.

I get over 2days from a charge so something is wrong.

Please go to settings, battery and device care, click on battery and tap the graph so it shows the percentage of battery used by various apps. Please post a screenshot of this.
0 Likes
K45h
Explorer
Options
As you can tell, nothing too strenuous Screenshot_20220331-123620_Device care.jpg
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, definitely no battery guzzlers there. I am mystified as to why this is so bad.
I don't use known apps that are CPU hungry such as social media and Chrome. My usage is similar to yours and I get over 2 days usage. Low cellular signal can cause battery drain but not to that extent.

If you get a chance to run airplane mode, that would rule out signal issues.

My gut feeling is something is failing. Have you considered a warranty return?
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Is this at home on Wifi?
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
It may be down to network signal. I find when im at home on Wifi/Wifi Calling and Airplane Mode on i got about 9 hours SOT. When in low signal areas out and about it can be as low as 3.5-4 hours
Hixroni98
First Poster
Options

You can try restricting battery and data usage on all your app manually, it a bit tedious but it does help a bit for me. Honestly i also kinda regret choosing this phone over other phone, like the camera and watching movies had been great but ***** it my phone keep losing data connection, wish samsung had just allow its user to only choose 4g lte because mine keep switching between 4g and 4g lte and will lose connection constantly which infuriate the hell out of me. I want to get it fix but afraid they will just reset my phone and call it a day. Their customer service at least in Malaysia is just kinda ***** because they really want me to just reset my phone everytime i lose connection which is like a daily occurrence. I also dont want to bother sending it in because centre is too far and not worth having to wait like 2 week for it to get 'fixed'. I will probably switch back to asus after my contract with this phone end because this is just depressing. 

0 Likes