Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for an answer this time!

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 11:01 AM)
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I recently asked why, all of a sudden, my smart view doesn't allow me to change the aspect ratio on either of my Samsung smart TVs. but didn't get an answer. - It was working fine until recently but now the TV picture is too small and I don't seem to be able to change this in the settings - (the "change aspect ratio" option is there but "greyed-out") I've looked online for any solution but to no avail. Can anyone help please? Thanks.  P.S. if I pinch to zoom on my phone I'm still left watching a screen with black bars top and bottom which didn't happen before. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
djfresh123
Student
Options
Because it is matching your phone screen
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
See my P.s. on this post,please.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @woodlouse  you could  set up the Tv connection again. otherwise Try the following.

Go to Settings-Apps-Smart View,  Clear the data and cache. If still issue Force stop the app and open again.

Another idea is to clear the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Another idea is to try Smart Things.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
It's ok thanks, I've done it! I don't know quite what I did but it's working fine again! 👍🙂
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@woodlouse  oh right, as long as it is working, perhaps you will mind at some point 😀

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes