Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Notification Content Except Calendar Reminders

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 03:30 PM)
NinaPop
First Poster
Options

I cannot have my calendar reminders display on the lock screen unless all notifications are visible. 

I use my phone at work for meeting reminders. I do not want text or email previews visible, but the calendar reminder or alarm, I would like to be able to read without unlocking my phone.

Everything I've read online makes all notifications visible which is not what i want. I have an s21 ultra

Here is a screenshot of what I see.

I want to be able to read the description of the reminder without unlocking the phone. And I want all other content hidden.

Screenshot_20221211_092230_Calendar.jpg

Here is my settings. I want all content hidden like text and emails, but not calendar reminders. 

Screenshot_20221211_092200_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@NinaPop: This is possible to achieve, although you will be required to customise each app notification settings manually. With this in mind, please head to Settings > Apps > Calendar > Notifications > Notification categories > General notifications > Show notifications > Lock screen > Show content. To hide specific app notifications e.g. Messages, head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Notifications > Notification categories > New messages > Lock screen > Don't show notifications (or Hide content). 

Now, head to Settings > Notifications > Detailed. Also, head to the Calendar app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Reminders > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Alert style > Select your preferred option here. 

Another approach you can take is to head to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb, and toggle this option on. Now, in the Exceptions category below, select Alarms and sounds > Alarms (on) > Reminders (on). Go back, select Apps, and allow Calendar and Reminders as an exception. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes