Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi.

(Topic created on: 21-05-2023 01:41 PM)
Paul83_
First Poster
Options
Can anyone tell me why my number is showing as 00000000000 in my contacts and settings? I've only just noticed as am locked out of Instagram and was waiting on an sms code which never came. Don't know if the two are related. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Paul83_: Is your number displayed incorrectly in Settings > About phone > Phone number? If so, this shouldn't affect your network capabilities, and is typically the result of a SIM card read error. Are you still able to make and receive calls, and send/receive text messages? If so, and if you have two factor authentication enabled on Instagram, then please check your settings to make sure that the correct number is registered. Furthermore, you may wish to reach out to your network directly to request a SIM swap, to see if this displays the correct number in your settings, once installed. 

0 Likes
Paul83_
First Poster
Options
Yeah Samsung support said the same that it won't affect the capabilities etc. The Instagram thing is frustrating because I'm stuck on the receive code page. Can't access settings and am also getting a challenge required ertor mesaage. Normally these verification codes are instant so I'm kinda at a loss. It was literally yesterday this happened.
0 Likes
Tinylewis
Apprentice
Options
I am having the same issue with a different site. SMS otp not being received
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If I understand it correctly it is the way Samsung phones set up SIM cards in your phone when you take your SIM out of an old phone and put it in a new phone. It doesn't affect any of your call functions etc. I've read reports of people disabling iMessage in settings then re enabling it and the number coming back but I'm presuming that is just iPhones. I have the same issue on mine which appeared when I upgraded to the S23U and it has a brand new SIM card. I did switch from esim to a physical SIM so not sure if that will have made a difference. If you need to save your number you can create a contact for yourself in your contacts and add your mobile No for reference until the issue is resolved at some point via an update but it has been an issue for quite a long time
0 Likes