Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

(Topic created on: 17-08-2021 06:01 PM)
Trevhw
Student
Options
I have just been in a Samsung shop in Newcastle Tyne and Wear, I went in the shop to Buy the flip case with the pen which was for the price of £59.99 but when I got to the till the price can up £89.99, when I query the price there where not Helpful at all. This is such a shame for such a big company to treat there customers like this...
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
By rights if its priced at £59.99 they should have honoured that price
Trevhw
Student
Options
Tell me about it, they the staff did not want to know, the staff was disgusting.
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Try looking on amazon
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Trevhw 

Perhaps take a look at the official Samsung Online Store website here samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/all-mobile-accessories/?smartphones+phone-covers+galaxy-z-fold3 

I appreciate what your saying in regards your shopping experience in your local Samsung Experience Store for a new case.

In my own personal experience I've found that if an item has been incorrectly priced up by the store then more often than not they'd honour the marked price.

However the price on a item is an offer of sale, and as such if the shop wants to they can say there unable to sell an item at that marked up price even though it was their mistake.

From citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-t... 

“ If you haven’t bought it yet.

If you take an item to the till and are told the price on the tag or label is a mistake, you don’t have a right to buy the item at the lower price. You could still try asking the seller to honour the price. ”

Personally I would have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager of the store as they tend to have more leeway in helping than one of the shopfloor representatives.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Unfortunately that's not the case. The store is not obliged to sell the item for you at the advertised price because you were made aware that the price is incorrect before purchasing hence you could decide not to buy it.
Some companies may decide to honour the price but that's purely good will.

In the instance you already paid for the item and unknowingly got charged a higher price than what was advertised it would have been a different story.
0 Likes