Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help? update = no facebook tags

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 05:28 AM)
NoNer
Student
Options
Ever since i updated my keyboard, I've not been able to tag people on social media, specifically facebook. 

**update: Temporary solution is to turn off predictive text in keyboard setting**

You know how when you @ someone or a place, the name will link to the profile and become clickable.
But now, no matter what i do, the second i publish the comment, any @ or # turns back to plain text. Even if i go back and edit the comment to re-do the tag, it submits as plain text. Even if i just publish the @ with nothing additional, doesn't work.

Anyone else had this happen? 
24 REPLIES 24
Cat_1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, and it's on both Facebook and Nectdoor, so not app specific.  

0 Likes
Dogfostermama
First Poster
Options

YES! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!! Can you get around this??? I found you question from Googling!!! I'm losing my mind!! 

Tazzy3
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy Note 10. Same thing. No tags. 

0 Likes
Xraygirlyvonne
Journeyman
Options

Thank you - this is a good workaround for now 

0 Likes
Jimmy_615
First Poster
Options

Turn off the new grammar thing and it goes back to normal.

0 Likes
Xraygirlyvonne
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, I thought that would fix it but it didn't weirdly ... Now using Google keyboard
0 Likes
MagsSteele
Student
Options

Turning off the predictive text for the stock keyboard works.

You can also switch keyboards. I switched to the GBoard and it works WITHOUT turning off the predictive text.

Maggie Smiles
Xraygirlyvonne
Journeyman
Options
Yeah - I found simply changing to GBoars solved it ... Predictive text still on. It's clearly a bug from the update in the Samsung keyboard (with grammarly/predictive text) Annoying
MagsSteele
Student
Options

I switched to the GBoard and it works fine...with predictive text.

GBoard in the Google Play Store 

Maggie Smiles
0 Likes
jankid
Apprentice
Options

In the bottom right hand corner there are several dots.  If posting with a rage change keyboard to swift for the post.  Work around. 

0 Likes