Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help? update = no facebook tags

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 06:50 AM)
NoNer
Student
Options
Ever since i updated my keyboard, I've not been able to tag people on social media, specifically facebook. 

**update: Temporary solution is to turn off predictive text in keyboard setting**

You know how when you @ someone or a place, the name will link to the profile and become clickable.
But now, no matter what i do, the second i publish the comment, any @ or # turns back to plain text. Even if i go back and edit the comment to re-do the tag, it submits as plain text. Even if i just publish the @ with nothing additional, doesn't work.

Anyone else had this happen? 
24 REPLIES 24
ChandraNicoleee
Student
Options

My s20 ultra is doing the exact same thing since the update, and it's on basically every social media app. It just will not tag a person. Very frustrating. I was hoping to find an answer on here. 😕 

Ox13
First Poster
Options

Mine won't tag atal either. 

Just turn back to plain text 

Bought the Samsung s21 plus a couple weeks of go and it's hands down the worst phone I have ever had. I'm going back to the shop with it. It's a disgrace for the price!

Sarulien Kramer
First Poster
Options

I've also noticed this and haven't figured out a way to fix it.

Tommysgrl
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issue along with my text notifications not making sounds. Only a few days, I can't seem to reset them. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Will samsung fix this?

Justin jarvis2
Student
Options

The only way to fix right now is turn off predictive texts. Hopefully they fix this in next update 

Justin jarvis2
Student
Options

Turn off predictive texts. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though. I turn off to tag, then turn back on. It's the little settings wheel next to mic button on keyboard.

Membersn
Journeyman
Options

I think I may have a solution for you...

i would say this sounds like an issue with the apps themselves, but SOO many ppl are having keyboard issues that I think it's likely to blame here too- so give this a try:

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Hope this helps someone!

Members_ClRrt2C
First Poster
Options

Hi did you manage to fix it its been proper bugging me

0 Likes
NoNer
Student
Options
Haven't managed to fix it yet ... and Haven't heard back from samsung either .