Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Signal problems

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 05:32 AM)
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
Hi everyone. I have the S21 Ultra and it has a small hairline crack on the back at the bottom. I did the 3 peak's in 24 hours challenge for charity on Friday and my phone got a bit wet. Ever since where I used to have weak signal I now have none, where I used to have strong signal it's now weak. My girlfriend who's on the same network is having zero problems what so ever. I have tried cleaning  the sim, wiping cache partition. No luck. I know the attena is around that area so I'm wondering if it's go wet but then surely I would get no signal anywhere? WiFi is still fine. I never got a notification to say my USB C port was too wet. I've tried everything but a factory reset. Not sure what else to try, should I just pay for a new attena or is a reset worth a go? Thank you all.
6 REPLIES 6
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I got signal problems last couple of weeks no problems with network etc and no physical damage to be seen.

I get no signal when outside most places 90% of the time I have no signal.

When I go SIM card manager it glitches as well as on the quick settings it glitches.

Tried it on esim same issue.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gillerz10 

have the S21 Ultra and it has a small hairline crack on the back at the bottom

May I ask how the hairline cracking came about  ?

i.e was this a result of an accident bump or fall as this could have managed to cause some issues inside that could have affected signal, and potentially other internal problems. 

I'm not a phone engineer in any shape or form but the hairline crack could have reduced any effective water resistance / rating meaning water ingress again which could have affected signal and possibly other internal parts.

The phone has a Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty however an engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Doorstep Repair Service Engineer would see the cracking, and may advise a free repair wouldn't be available due to accidental damage and levy a fee.

Samsung Service-Centre Link. 

Samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

A further option would be to check out any applicable Phone Insurance or Home Contents Insurance Policy and some Banks provide Mobile Phone Cover as a perk of the Account.

You could try a reset of the Network Connection via Settings, General Management,  Reset,  Reset Network Connection.

This will also delete your Bluetooth Settings and any Wi-Fi Set up so they'll need to be reset back up.

In your Samsung Members App and GetHelp Section their is a Diagnostic Tool which can check your phone's Sim and Network functions.

Also as a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens just incase its the sim card that's failing.

If possible also try another Sim Card in your phone too.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@_Jonno 

Please do try resetting your Network Connection as I've mentioned to the Op of this thread and also try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone and then see what happens.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can have hands on with your phone to check it.

In your Samsung Members App and GetHelp Section their is a Diagnostic Tool which can check your phone's Sim and Network functions.

0 Likes
Options
Hairline crack will let moisture into phone. Get it replaced or repaired... otherwise, stick phone in the airing cupboard inside a bag of rice to remove all moisture immediately for a day or so. That may fix the moisture issue till if fails again. Finally, your phone is not waterproof since it has the crack... stick it into a plastic bag for your next adventure. Well done on the 3 peak, I've done them a few times ...
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Yh I did all the trouble shooting with Samsung and took it to the store they wanted to replace the SIM card and charging port I tried with an eSIM and it seems like it works okay might have to send it to them but I didn't want to be a week without it
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You might be able to take advantage of the Samsung Doorstep Repair Service where an authorised Samsung Enginee comes to you if applicable where you reside @_Jonno  !

0 Likes