Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I want to return my S21

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:34 AM)
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I received my new S21 on the 28th Jan - bought that over the Ultra or plus as I needed a smaller phone & assumed it would also mean a better battery life! 

I've tried everything from changing the refresh rate & all the other tips I can find & it still runs very hot & battery drains ridiculously fast even on wifi! I don't see why I should be running an £800 odd phone in dark mode with a dim screen just so it lasts - not fit for purpose. My P20 Pro which it was supposed to be replacing lasts longer. I do 12hr shifts & I haven't even bothered taking it to work as I know it wont last & also have no time to be charging it. midway through!!!

So bottom line is I want to return it.

I put all my apps, photos etc onto it which I know I can wipe with a factory reset, the phone is pristine as are the buds & tag - but I've obviously opened all the boxes breaking the seals which has ripped bits of the boxes too. Will they have it back for a full refund? I've had it under 14 days.

I've tried all ways contacting Samsung incl chat but never an answer.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
yes they will ..I rung them arranged pick up next day by DPD you have 14 days to return if after you only get a repair.. you can return phone for any reason up to 14 days after you receive it
Lee117
First Poster
Options
I'm assuming that due to covid you ordered online rather than a store. That means in the UK you have 14 days statutory rights to return the item

Screenshot_20210206-084204_Chrome_14467.jpg

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I had same problem over heating and battery life on the s21 ultra UK ..fry a egg on it hot ..I gave it 5 days to sort out with updates nothing changed for £1329 I said no way and sent back for full refund from Samsung ( UK) never seen anything like it before ..thought it would melt it got that hot ...using camera made it worse ....I've gone back using my S10 5G never gets warm and no problems on that one ... shame on Samsung and with how hot it was getting it must of damaged the inside battery etc was not going to take a chance on it....like I said before I've had all makes of phone and never ever seen a phone get that hot before... not just once but every time I used it
I hear people say wait let it do its thing etc but
I thought for a phone costing £1329 do I take that chance... no way was I
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you thats great! I've only had it 9 days & its not even left the house - I was worried incase they say the boxes are damaged/tampered as I've removed the seals which took some of the paper layer with it & also removed the camera film.

elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you! Yes bought online so hopefully they'll have it back.

0 Likes
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

No its not acceptable at all is it, mine gets boiling just browsing the internet on wifi! More annoyed I've wasted money now on a plug & cover etc. I'll stick to my 3yr old Huwawei whose battery even though its half what it was, holds charge better than the S21!

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
will be ok they pick up I had to get jiffy bag myself to put stuff in DPD came out put label on it gave me receipt to track
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
just ring Samsung to arrange
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
online shop number

Screenshot_20210206-085728_Chrome.jpg