Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I want to return my S21

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:12 PM)
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I received my new S21 on the 28th Jan - bought that over the Ultra or plus as I needed a smaller phone & assumed it would also mean a better battery life! 

I've tried everything from changing the refresh rate & all the other tips I can find & it still runs very hot & battery drains ridiculously fast even on wifi! I don't see why I should be running an £800 odd phone in dark mode with a dim screen just so it lasts - not fit for purpose. My P20 Pro which it was supposed to be replacing lasts longer. I do 12hr shifts & I haven't even bothered taking it to work as I know it wont last & also have no time to be charging it. midway through!!!

So bottom line is I want to return it.

I put all my apps, photos etc onto it which I know I can wipe with a factory reset, the phone is pristine as are the buds & tag - but I've obviously opened all the boxes breaking the seals which has ripped bits of the boxes too. Will they have it back for a full refund? I've had it under 14 days.

I've tried all ways contacting Samsung incl chat but never an answer.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
bije33
First Poster
Options
Funny enough, my previous phone was also a P20pro. I thought of treating myself and give my wife my old phone while it still works well and has a good enough camera. I've been very busy and I haven't yet pushed my new s21 ultra, but I have browsed and watched videos on it for a couple of hours and it didn't heat up at all. battery wise it does seem a bit weak compared to the P20 pro, despite having the S21 in mid Res.
I need to test it a bit without 5G enabled, see if it makes a difference.
With regards to your phone, I'd say you have a defective unit.
0 Likes
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

From what I've heard I think you maybe ok at the Ultra & Plus have larger batteries - I think as mines the base model so to speak its got a smaller battery & they seem to be the ones getting hot. Hopefully yours is ok!

0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Apparently, there are a lot people returning the s21 series phones. I emailed Samsung few days ago requesting to return the phone and received the following reply.

Thanks for your email

Due to an extremely high volume of customers contacting us, we cannot respond straight away.

We endeavour to reply to all email enquiries within 5 days.

If your enquiry is urgent, then please use one of the alternative contact channels at the bottom of this email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes,

Your Samsung Shop Support Team

MDaiana
Navigator
Options
from what I know they extended the period to 28 days as I can see here

Screenshot_20210206-184715_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
elliecjno1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for all your help! I got through on the phone in the end and have DPD collecting it Monday now.

Just hope they give me a refund as I didn't have the little bag the rubber bits for buds came in or the rubber band to charge the cable back up - partner must have seen them as rubbish on the side and chucked them!

Also another silly question - I did a factory reset - will that wipe off everything - my finger prints, photos, apps etc?

MDaiana
Navigator
Options
I believe so, as I did the same thing. But anyway they will probably do a master reset before resell it so I think we don't have to worry about this
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to see when can I return it and how's the procedure. I have all original packaging beside the one from the tag and I hope it will be ok. Mine had some problems with camera and I bought another one. The battery seem fine for me. 12h and 5 min
0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

The return period is 28 days having used it already and Samsung make it as easy as it could be.

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Glad I sent my s21 ultra back to Samsung for full refund due to over heating on the 1st of Feb , I had phone from 28th Jan I knew loads would be returning so got it back quick
0 Likes