Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help?? Apps keep crashing on device

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 05:13 PM)
Greeny0601
Explorer
Options

Apps keep crashing on device... Any one having a similar issue?? 

Handful of apps not all...have rebooted and cleared cache etc
176 REPLIES 176
Yasmine
Explorer
Options
Please go to settings > Apps > Show system apps > Android System Webview, click on this app and then, uninstall updates.
0 Likes
CD1
First Poster
Options
@katel21 yes same thing here too
0 Likes
PA
First Poster
Options

Thanks, i was also facing the same issue since yesterday but i beleive it is working fine now after uninstalling the webview.

0 Likes
skyfullofstars
Apprentice
Options
Result issue fixed!
I had tried doing the webview update via settings- apps but that hadn't worked for me all day. Just went in the the play store and under my app updates it was showing that Webview had an update (that was previously not showing) updated via the play store and suddenly all my emails started popping back up! Pleased to say all apps are now working
0 Likes
Street8
Journeyman
Options
Thank you all fixed 🙏
0 Likes
Ryan1485
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know why whenever I click on the Google bar on my homescreen and try to search for something rather than searching it just goes back to my homescreen.....I'm  ready to throw it off the wall 🤬🤬🤬🤬👺
emzy83
First Poster
Options
mines the same been doin it all day. I can't use apps
0 Likes
Nhilandra
Journeyman
Options
Update android system webview.
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi Ryan1485

I know how frustrating this can be just yesterday I was writing a important message and the message app crashed so I had to write it all over again

It was even on the news about android apps crashing.

the best suggestion is Go to the play store and search for WEBVIEW it is already preinstalled in androids here is the link to the play store app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_AU&gl=US

then if it needs updating then update it. This should stop it from crashing.

Another thing I can suggest is to go to settings>apps>Google>force stop

I hope this helps the problem

0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Update the app called WEBVIEW in the playstore here Is the linkhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_AU&gl=US
0 Likes